Poor Quality control

Just received my Gran Turismo DD pro. While I was unboxing and taking out each equipment. I noticed there are multiple scratches on the wheel base and on the pedal. These are not minor scratches as they go right into the metal. Extremely disappointed as I did not pay for a refurbish or used unit. Fanatec allow these product to leave their warehouse is a complete joke. Am I the only one who experienced these poor quality control products ??

Comments

• Looks second hand to me

• edited April 2022

my pedal plate also had some scratches, but compared to the problem of my pedals not actually working out of the box, my scratches are minor. I hope your stuff is actually working.

• What!!! They could have at least checked the packages before sending them to you

• You think every box is opened and checked before sending it? That would result in a huge list of complaining customers that have to wait even longer for their products.

If this is really how it came out of the box (because it also happens that people are making a f*%$-up them self while mounting and try to claim it as warranty ;) ) just open a ticket from your account and it will be fixed by Fanatec, probably they are going to ask you to send it back and then return a new one.

• no I don't think every single box is opened and checked. and I don't know what there warehouse looks like or the WMS that they have in place at fanatec, but I've worked in warehouse and shipping and receiving for 25 years, and if the outside of the box that your picking your a customer looks damaged and tore up, you don't send it out to a customer. because it cause's problems down the line. LIKE this guy. is what I'm trying to find out

and it don't take long to double check a box before sending it to a customer.

Also QC don't check every box that come in the the warehouse, they should be spot-checking random boxes for quality. but it could have come from the suppliers like that and there the one's who have packaged up a bad product, happens all the time. and that's really where the problem is. cause there equipment is made in china not Germany

but if the box it came in has any dings on it that's a good clue.

and the products that are sent back aint "fixed" by fanatec, there sent to a third party of all the copper to be ripped out.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Simon,

This is not normal and of course not acceptable. Please contact us and we will sort this out.

[Fanatec Community Manager]