Clubsport Universal Hub V2 on PC in XBox Mode

Hi there,

I recently updated my new Clubsport universal hub v2 with my laptop in pc mode. After all, I tested Xbox mode on my laptop as well and if I pressed the windows home button on the wheel it opened the Xbox game bar on pc. Now I connected it with my PC and the Xbox mode is not working. If I press the home button nothing happened and Forza Horizon 5 is not detecting the wheel only on PC mode or compatible mode. I hoped windows is recognizing the wheel as an Xbox compatible wheel and show me the buttons like A, B, X, and Y. In PC mode Forza horizon there are no pre-configured wheel settings only in compatible mode. It is ok for me, but Forza shows for buttons A -> 2, B -> 3

But why is the wheel on my laptop (Windows 10) working in Xbox mode as well, and not on my PC (Windows 11)?

Comments

• edited April 2022

Xbox mode is for, well, Xbox and PC mode is for, well, PC.

Xbox Mode is not working on a PC because there is no USB device connection possible on a PC in that mode, use the PC or PC Comp modes!

• oh ok thank you. I thought I was in xbox mode on my laptop and was able to use the xbox home button. I have to use PC mode or compatible mode. I tried Forza Horizon 5 but the game crashed after a while. Maybe the game is broken :(

• Yes, the game is broken since it's released. Game Developers still not fixed the crashes.

• This has been quite a big problem as the main requirement of the wheel is to be reliable, it has happened in endurance races multiple times and I'm not sure what to do.

I have tried numerous things to solve this:

• Tighten bolts inside the hub adapter and the wheel shaft
    • Upgrade all Fanatec equipment to latest firmware
    • All pins are straight and clean

I have also contacted support, all of the kit is still in warranty. I ordered it from the US and live in Asia. When asking them about it, they asked if I could send them the wheel to look at. This is problematic as I need it to compete in the weekly series that I race in, but also the cost of sending it is incredibly expensive. Secondly, they mentioned that they do not make ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One so they would be unlikely to get parts for it. Finally, they suggested that I just 'buy a new wheel'.

Does anyone have recommendations for how I might be able to fix this myself, or if not, have further suggestions regarding approaching Fanatec regarding the warranty?