CSL DD noise when turning

Hi,

I just received my new CSL DD and It took me just a few minutes to realize that something was not workin properly. When I turn a noise appears like a "crack". I am not sure if it is caused for the CSL DD or maybe the QR1 Lite that comes with the Mclaren GT3 wheel. Does anyone has the same problem? I alredy wrote to Fanatec support, hope they answer soon. I attach the video.

Comments

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

Undo the wheel QR. Put some light grease (eg: PTFE), very little amount on the areas of contact in the quick release. Slide it back on and tighten. Do not get the grease on the electrical contacts.

Try that.

• edited April 2022

I would reseat the shaft and clamp down the screw hard with the slots facing each other. If the QR goes on light then try putting electrical tape in the middle slot at 12 o'clock. Start with one and build up from there. Don´t put grease in there, it just attracts dirt and makes a mess. If you have tried the above and the noise is more of a squeak then use dry lube but check its mineral oil based or it will attack the plastic.

Just to be sure you have tightened the QR so that white line is not visible anymore? Do you see abrasions on the shaft somewhere?