Gran Turismo DD Pro (PS5) - Force Feedback works with WRC 10 but not with GT7

Hello,

I am a newbie. Received the Gran Turismo DD Pro recently.

It works with GT7 and WRC 10. I can accelerate, steer, etc. However, Force Feedback is almost non-existent in GT 7. In WRC, it works well and is very strong.

I looked up other forum entries. I tried purple and blue mode (now only using blue mode as it seems to be the right one). I start the wheel before connecting it to the console via USB.

Questions:

• Does it matter which USB port you use? (I remember Kinect on Xbox only worked well with one specific port)
  • The PS5 recognizes the wheel as a "controller". Should it recognize it as "Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro" or similar instead?
  • Do I maybe need to do a firmware upgrade, might this help? (I tried to avoid this, I did not connect the wheel to a PC yet)
  • In the GT7 game options, I see various button config options for many wheels (including the Gran Turismo DD Pro), but I cannot find any other menu where I can configure the force feedback. Maybe the console does not recognize the wheel correctly?
  • Any other ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited April 2022

Any USB port will do, I connect to the PS5 then turn on the wheel but shouldn't matter. It will just recognise it as a controller.

FFB is fine for me, go to controller settings for adjustments. You only get 2 options - Force feedback max force and sensitivity. I have mine on 5 & 1.

I did the firmware update before 1st use but I suppose it's possible this could be causing you issues.

Have you adjusted the FFB etc through the wheel settings?

• Thanks a lot. I will look at the recommended settings. I already checked a few Youtube videos (not from Fanatec) and adjusted. I think it is a more general problem. I will also connect to a Windows PC and do the Firmware upgrade to be sure this is not the issue.

On vacation right now. I will update the thread when I am back home.

• Finally, I had some time to spend on GT7 and the wheel.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. I also had some time to play GT7. I am still in the early stage of the game, meaning I usually drive small cars. I also looked at Youtube videos to configure the wheel (for GT7), but I don't feel much difference regarding my problem.

Here is the current status:

• WRC 10 - Strong FF and great feeling
    • GT7 - Almost no FF in most races (again, usually small cars)
    • GT7 - Few license tests with super sportscars like Lamborghini have strong FF (similar to WRC 10).

My conclusion: FF works well technically, even in GT7.

My question: Is this normal behavior that you don't have much FF with a small car driving with ~100-180 km/h? But a Lamborghini or Mercedes AMG (used in the license center) has very strong FF?

I would expect FF for the small cars, too? Even if not that strong, but NOT almost no FF at all?

Any thoughts on this?

• Quick update for anyone having a similar problem:

Force Feedback now works well. What was the problem?

Actually, configuration issues in GT7. Frankly, very unfortunate how the game implements this. It is also not obvious where to configure the driver options.

I started as a beginner, so the game supports breaking etc. I did not even realize this, after turning this feature off, the force feedback worked. I only found out because I was googling a lot for wheel configs and one post that driver support turns force feedback off.

This also explains why some license tests had strong force feedback. Likely, the auto driver support was turned off here :-)

Anyway, glad that force feedback works well in GT7 now.