Another BRAND NEW Dead CSL DD

So this is the third CSL DD (out of 20+) that we have got that was just DEAD, could not get to work.

In fact, we actually were so worried about this happening we made sure to order TWO, one as a spare. We first opened another brand new in the box Fanatec CSL DD, and plugged it in, and it instantly worked.

We then went back and tried everything possible to get the dead one to work. Nothing.

I am just wondering how many others get dead CSL DD's?

Comments

• You a retailer or a big family?

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

3/20... 15% ???

I do not work in the electronics industry. Anyone know what is the percentage of say, an iphone getting to customer and it is defective? A sony TV or an ASUS gpu?

Has something has gone wrong with their quality control?

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Our defect rate is far lower than this, so this is highly unusual. It's possible that the OP is testing all the units on the same PSU, which is sometimes causing faults on certain units. In any case, I see Gunnar has now opened a support ticket, so the support team can help to troubleshoot and investigate this.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Mine just went up in smoke after only about 3 hours of use. I cant believe you bought 2 just in case, if only I had know I would have done the same lol.

Browsing forums does not exactly fill me with confidence on their US customer service either.

• I just got a defective CSL DD (8Nm). It's not completely dead though. It works with my BMW GT2 V2 but not with my eSports F1 V2 steering wheel. Both of these steering wheels worked fine with a DD1 (returned) and my Gran Turismo DD Pro. I submitted a support request last week, but after reading some of the posts regarding Fanatec support, I'm just going to return it to save myself the wait (and trouble).

Thanks for the heads up.

• Copy that guys thank you for everything I guess we will just wait.

We tried everything, multiple PSU's, multiple wheels. As we have a shop with lots of stuff to swap out, and all the tools, electrical tools, vast knowledge between us all, this is not one of those cases of us just being silly consumers :)

• Gunnar MeadeGunnar Meade Member
    edited April 2022

so we are intel and nvidia dealers (we have been building sim racing systems for 13 years) and failure rate of rtx 3000's were EXTREMEMLY high due to pandemic, supply chain, and labor issues... they were still under 5%. Nominal for 2000 series, and 1000 series, and 900 series was 1%-2%. for intel cpu's we are looking at .01%. for intel ssd's we are looking at .1% for asus z490 mobos we were looking at 5%-10% with intel products and 15% for amd chipsets. this was so high we dropped asus and only deal with evga and msi. just fyi.

• Hey so just an update STILL nothing. Not a single word from Fanatec. Like, what if we actually needed this bros? I get it I know the World is crazy but this is pretty disheartening, especially for an Ambassador for Fanatec here in the Western US who sells a lot of Fanatec SKU's for you guys, like how do I advise people to get these when there is almost no product support if there is an issues, not to mention we are seeing very high rates of issues. Anyway, just updating ya all.

• first part that is concerning is the 3 out of 20 failure rate second part is the no response from fanatec. I am seeing the slow or no response theme being posted all over these forums. So fanatec is aware.

I too am waiting for a response…. I am on day 12 now all I can say is that I have never waited that long to get support on any product in my life.

I’m not sure if they expected manufacturing with zero defects or were simply unprepared on the support front with a higher than expected failure rate but I guess they are fighting 3 fires (filling existing orders for which there is no stock, dealing with customer complaints, repairing or replacing defective units for which there is probably lack of availability of parts and stock of replacement units) I hope they can meet all these challenges and our problems are solved soon.

• Hi i have the same problem. I ordered a fanatec csl dd, the order was delivered to me on monday, on wednesday the base died. As you wrote above, there was a stench for no reason, followed by white smoke and a lot of heat on the back of the wheelbase, then death. Fanatec is not responding ....

• I've got the same exact issue.

Have you found any solution to your problem? I'm two days in, trying everything but nothing seems to fix my problem.