GT7 - CSL Elite users with weak force issues read this

A lot of people have mentioned that their wheel feels weak on GT7 with all of the different recommended setting set ups being tried out. Everyone says having (in game) max torque at 5 and steering sensitivity at 1 is plenty but for many myself included this seemed well too weak but I couldn’t understand even after messing with all the settings in game and on wheel base why the hell this was the case. The relation between my force expectations for the specific torque setting in game and the reality of the actual force on the track didn’t correlate to me. I have always had to have max torque on 7 to get decent weight in the wheel

Two things I’ve noticed, one of which is a revelation

1. Sometimes you need to change to a different setting sheet on the wheel and then back again. I.e from S_1 to S_2 and back again. I noticed the torque increased nearer to what it should be. Don’t know whats going on there, must be a bug or something. This only happens sometimes but it does happen for sure. I’t just went light right now whilst starting a new daily race.
  2. The big one. When in the wheel base tuning menu if you hold the spanner button for a few seconds it will change from advanced to standard tuning mode. I’ve only ever used the advanced menu but once I changed into standard (which only give you SEN, FF, BRF to adjust) the amount of torque massively increased. I’d gone from using in game max torque setting 7 to the recommend 5. Again I don’t know what’s going on but for the first time my feedback feels correct.

Please share your experience of this if it helped