Porsche 911 GT3 R Wheel compatibility question

Is it correct the Podium version will NOT work with my Clubsport v.2.5? Are there any firmware updates now that address this? Asking as the Clubsport version is out of stock for the next 3 months (such a long time) but the podium one is available now in AU.

From the product page:

"..Note: While the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility to other Fanatec wheel bases will be added in future firmware updates.."

Comments

• Neither version works with the CSW 2.5. The incompatibility isdue to the button module rather than the hub

• Yes and no. The difference between the podium and the clubsport versions is which hub is included. both hubs are compatible with the CSW v2.5.

But, like Gagaryn said, neither of them support the BME on the CSW 2.5 at this time. There should eventually be drivers, but people have already waited a long time for them.

(The podium version also includes the APM)

• This is completely false!

Got my Podium GT3 wheel perfectly working with my clubsport wheelbase v2.5

PME ALSO DOES WORK WITH ITM!!!

please just note this is running on the latest beta software and firmware from fanatec

• edited June 2020

This is actually only half-true. You can contact Marcel Pfister here to get a working, but internal beta, Firmware for the CSW v2.5, but this one is NOT available for public download yet because it still has issues.

So, at the moment the BME does not work with the CSW officially, only unofficially.

• Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm running the latest public beta driver for my CSW 2.5 which feels great btw!

Availability for the Clubsport Porsche version here in AU is after August 21, that's nearly 3 months from today, shame Fanatec won't let me buy one from EU where they are in stock, ready to ship.

What got me looking at the Porsche is only 2 of 11 buttons work on my Forza wheel (Universal hub) with the latest beta drivers. So i might just get a button box and keep an eye out for the next driver update which may restore the rest of the buttons.

Porsche is so much nicer tho! Not keen on the BMW GT2 wheel.

• https://digital-motorsports.com/products/fanatec-clubsport-wheel-rim-porsche-911-gt3-r-leather

In stock. Check if they ship down under. 😇

Had same issues since Fanatec is not shipping in the middle east and the local guy was closed during the lockdowns that we had for a month. So these guys shorted me out.

So I use both UAE re-seller and the guys from Ireland for my purchases.

• How do you mean, what exactly is ITM ?

I'm planning on buying a new rim (i'd like to buy the m2 gt bmw wheel but i'd rather have the podium shifters,...)

so the porsche rim is the way to go,...

• What he said is wrong, just ignore.

The firmware he may use is an internal beta, not available to download for the public.

ITM is the Intelligent Telemetry Mode Feature of the BME where all the data is shown on the OLED.

• Just ordered the Porsche Podium wheel for my CSW 2.5. How do i get the beta driver?

• As there is no driver and firmware for the CSW available yet, you have to contact Marcel Pfister here in the forum to get an internal beta version which works (but still with some issues, obviously).

• Thx mate for the response I have messaged him.

• Also found out it's niet working with the 2.5. Fanatec should not sell this product. Or make this issue more visible on the product page. I have send a message to Marcel Pfister. Hopefully he can help me out!

• You should read the Webshop description before a purchase, it’s clearly mentioned there.

To say that Fanatec shouldn’t sell it is a bit exaggerated.

• It's not clear enough in my opinion.

• My question is why are you selling a product which is not compatible? I would have expected a warning as soon as I added the wheel and base into the basket. At the main product page it suggests it just works. I am not the only one who noticed this issue after buying it. How can I get that firmare asap? I would really love to try it out.

• You need to wait to get an answer from Marcel next week.

• Ok, thank you for responding

• I have a CSL Elite base with this wheel. Do you think the new internal beta driver would fix the BME compatibility for this base also or only for CSW 2.5?

• No, it's only for CSW v2.5.

CSL Elite PS4 is next I believe but still takes a while for sure.

• Thanks. The wheel with the xbox hub is pretty good itself, so I can wait. It was cheaper than buying the BME separately later on. :)

• Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all your comments. It made me worry and have hope at the same time. I just purchased the wheel and I'm excited to get it. I will be using it with my v2.5 wheel base. Its the only base i have. But I plan on keeping it in the box until the button thing gets worked out. I still have a perfectly good working wheel to use in the mean time. But I can be patient. I really love all the features and look of this wheel. So when i use it I want to be confident no errors while driving. I will be checking here often to see updates. See you all on track!

Cheers!

Stacey B. Twitch streamer: Stacey_bertran

• Does anybody know if this wheel will at some point work with a CSW v2.0?

• No official comment on that yet because the v2 has older electronics which might limit the compatibility of advanced new products like the BME.

• Is there any new news on new firmware for this?

• Greetings to all following this thread -

The Porsche 911 GT3 R Wheel from Fanatec is a beautiful wheel. The craftsmanship is exquisite and the attention to detail Is impressive. The company said on the site available on July 29th and yup I got it yesterday (July 29th). The pre-order worked, and Stacey rejoiced. 

My version: The ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Suede (ClubSport)

it came in three boxes. The wheel - Podium Button Module - Clubsport Universal Hub for Xbox One.

I received something I was not expecting. I thought the hub was going to be different but was happy to see what I received. I have not built this yet so my comments are concepts from this point forward. To be fair the website listed all the buttons and stuff for the ClubSport hub for Xbox One. I in my mind was thinking, it was a standard block of text for the hub. But because you were getting the Podium buttons they were only going to send you the hub to go with the Podium button box. I did not expect to actually get all the buttons that came with the hub.

With this Universal hub for Xbox One. I can put the wheel and hub together and install drivers (for ClubSport Hub) and attach wheel and get going racing with my new wheel and some buttons. Then when the official Clubsport V2.5 driver for Porsche GT3 Podium button Module comes out I can swaps parts over. Generally speaking giving me no down time. I was thinking I was going to get only the Podium Button Module. But since there are buttons attacked to the ClubSport Universal Hub. I believe I can work with this for now.

Is someone could be so kind as to confirm this. I will start putting this exquisite piece of art together and start using my new wheel.

Thanks so much Cheers.

-Stacey B.

• edited August 2020

Greetings to all ,

I've been using my new Porsche 911 GT3 R wheel now for about 2 weeks. The Universal hub buttons work great with the latest driver for the V2.5 Clubsport wheel base.

Pros: The larger diameter wheel gives better precision while driving. The suede wrap is very nice, very reminiscent of my MOMO Mod 78 Alcantara racing wheel for my SCCA car. The Universal Hub buttons are very good. There also a lot of them.

Cons: Cant use my advanced button and screen module yet. There is no REV light indication with the Universal hub. So I'm having to use my cell phone to know where my revs are.

So far having fun with the new wheel. Still very excited to get the Podium button module working with it.

If you would like to see the wheel in action, or chat about the wheel or anything else, you can catch my twitch stream at https://www.twitch.tv/stacey_bertran

Cheers.

Stacey B,

• Hi,

Right now the Podium Porsche is working great with the CSW 2.5.

I received it yesterday and up to now with Firmware 381 is working great.

• Hi Everyone. I’m new to sim racing. I planning on buying a Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Leather, and ClubSport Wheelbase V2.5 for use with an XBox. Do I need to purchase a separate ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox or is that already included with the Porsche gt3 wheel? Thank you

• Its included as shown and described in the webshop description because its a full wheel (which you have to mount by yourself as its shipped in 4 different boxes btw)