CLS DD Pro 8nm and 320 wheel too heavy?

Hello, I am planning to buy my first direct drive for GT7

My config:

CLS DD Pro 8nm Wheelbase

ClubSport Universal Hub V2

ClubSport Wheel Rim 320 Alcantara

However, after reading a lot of discussion about the low FFB of CLS DD Pro on GT7, I just wonder if the heavy wheel (1.9kg) makes the problem more obvious?

Any comment is welcome! Thank you very much!

Comments

• Weight and diameter of the wheel have impact. But for the weight it also depends where it’s located. Weight on the middle of the wheel will not make the problem more obvious. But weight on the outside will.

The larger the wheel the more obvious low FFB will feel. Put a 27cm wheel on it and you feel more FFB.

• I have the exact same setup. And I mean, the EXACT same :) I got it all put together and working just a couple of days ago. I have to admit that I kinda feel that the FFB could have been a little bit stronger. So I have asked myself the same question that you do here. Though I am not sure of its only me that is kinda picky on the subject or if it in fact does matter this much.

I had a Thrustmaster T-GT before. About 2 years ago, and I must say that I remember it being a little stronger. And also with way better details and such. No joke. I clearly rememver for example that when you got understeer, then you would clearly feel it in the wheel and exactly know what it was. But with the CSL DD 8Nm I have now, I feel that the sensations are not so good. But.... Thats impossible right? :D I mean its gotta be impossible? :O At least in my mind... Well I dont know, but I most definitely remember it being stronger and had more a accurate feeling of what was happening with the car.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Sam,

There is a similar question on the RaceDepartment forums, so I created a short video to test one of our heavier wheels (2250 g) on a GT DD Pro (8 Nm):

It's on the limit, but totally usable.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you very much guys.

Club sport wheel with qr1 and hub:1600g -1800g

CSL wheel: 1092g

CSL wheel with QR1: 1280g

I think I will give club sport 320 a try. I hope the FFB and fidelity will be good.

• edited April 2022

I left a long comment further up this post saying that the wheel was a little weaker then I expected. Well I take it all back, lol... I have been tweaking around with the settings and trying out different stuff. And now the GT DD Pro 8Nm, universal hub V2 and with the ClubSport Wheel Rim 320 Alcantara feels absolutely AMAZING. I mean, this is ridiculously good stuff! :D In other words, if you feel that there is to "weak" FFB or the lack of any other detail. Then it is most likely just the settings that needs to be tweaked around a bit 😎👌

Side note:

At first I used the wheel without proper gloves. And out of curiosity I tried some gloves while driving iRacing. And it is so-much-better! :D just a little tip 👌