mclaren gt3

hi really need some help, I received my McLaren gt3wheel today put it lltogther.im currently using my Xbox one as my pc is being fixed. gone to play ay racing game and does not pick up my v2.5 pedals and cannot for the life of me work out why. on an old laptop I plug it in as normally would and all works ok. I know with the Xbox you only plug it into the base. also the bottom rear paddles work as brake and throttle. But when I do that and plug it into my laptop only picks up that a handbrake is being pushed. please any help will be gratefully received as at the moment I have brand new wheel I cannot use.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Ryan,

If the pedals are only working via USB to the PC, it's possible that there is a faulty RJ12 port (on either the wheel base or the pedals). If you are successfully connecting via RJ12 (via the wheel base) to test it on PC, and it works, and you're saying it's only not working on Xbox, then that is a strange problem that I can't explain.

I see that you have tried to contact us, but it hasn't reached the support team yet because you used the general form instead of opening a support ticket. Your question on the general form was: "Hi I have v3 pedal, v2.5 wheel base and mclaren wheel. When I’m in a game it does not pick up my pedal set is there something I am doing wrong?"

It is very difficult to diagnose a problem with this limited information. This means that the support team will first have to ask for more information, and this will continue to extend the time it takes to resolve the issue.

Therefore I recommend that you open a new support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account and describe in much more detail what you have tried (exactly which cables you have used, in which combinations, on both PC and Xbox, etc). You should also include the driver version you have been testing, and firmware versions of every detected product shown on the Fanatec Control Panel. The more information you can provide about the troubleshooting steps you have already tried, the better the support team can assist you.

[Fanatec Community Manager]