CSL Pedal acceleration weak on GT 7 checked everything I can think off

Hi,

I have read on this forum similar issues, I have updated firmware, check wiring, set min and max for pedal in fanatec software. I even added some extra Ferrite rings.

PS5 running GT7, 1.12 patch. I have the DD Pro Premium kit, with 8 nm power supply and load cell break.

on circuit experience for example I watch the demo car and it accelerates from the grid or corners, much faster.

on Red Bull sector 1 the demo car off grid maximizes the 5 gear rev display, even shifts to 6 gear.

Same car for the circuit experience, I have my pedal max, flooring it as they say, my rev display in 5th gear struggles to get just over half way and never progressing beyond a little over half way. Coming off corners my acceleration is no where near as quick. I can not complete even the simplest circuit experience.

PS5 controller acceleration is fine, in line with the demo car.

any thoughts or ideas?

Comments

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited April 2022

You don't need to set min/max for the throttle. If you have it could mean the game not detecting full travel of the pedal but only how much you've set the min/max to which is not 100% input. If you're seeing reduced throttle input/revs I think that could be the cause. Uncheck it in the control panel and try the game again.

• Dean HolmesDean Holmes Member
    edited April 2022

After hours of tinkering, I finally got the acceleration back.

I had connected the pedals directly via the load cell once before to update the load cell firmware.

since then I had been setting the pedals via the wheel base, at my wits end I unplugged the pedals from the wheel base and plugged directly into a PC. The fanatec software saw them as directly connected.

The break bar was bouncing between 0 & 3%, while untouched, just sitting there. The accelerator, when depressed fully was bouncing between 99 & 100%.

I set the min of the accelerator as before, then to set the max, I pressed the pedal to about 98-99%, then pressed max. Now with the pedal all the way down it registered 100%.

The load cell break, I pressed the pedal a little so it showed 3-4% in the bar, then pressed min, now when untouched, the bar was not bouncing. Has minimum play, couldn’t even noticed when using the break in game.

Plugged the pedals back into the wheel base and tested GT7 again. Night and day, full acceleration, I assume the game registered the break pedal on, not enough to show on screen, but enough to hinder acceleration and top end.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having this issue, the pedals looked fine in the Fanatec software when connected via wheel base, only saw the issue when pedals plugged directly into PC

• I have the issue with the Brake and I have the V3 $400 pedals. So should have been perfect. After setting the min and max its ok now, but I should not have had to do that. I have saved a video of the brake lights flickering on and off at 180mph.

Keep in mind, the min and max are set for each preset. So if you go to auto it may start up again. So Auto preset is totally worthless to me.