[RMA in progress] DD1 base not working and support has not responded

I have an issue where When I turn on the wheel, the startup procedure seems normal and then after its done the screen on my wheel base turns off and the wheel turns really heavy. I am then prompted with a message from the FANATEC firmware update saying "Wireless Quick Release Update Mode

Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.).

Power OFF the wheel base and retry update.

If the problem persists, please contact FANATEC support."

I try to do that and it does not work. In fact my pc does not even recognize the wheel and I can not view its properties, update, or see the firmware version that my wheel base, pedals, and steering wheel are on in the fanatec firmware updater. None of the buttons on it work other than the power button.

I have contacted support and I have not received a response and it has been more than a week.

Comments

• I'm having a similar problem. My wheel wouldn't turn on. I checked and updated the driver to 439. Now when I go to power on the wheel base the power light flashes and it brings up a "Fanatec Wheel Base Updater" window with the option to update the firmware. When I click to do this "Selected Firmware has been loaded successfully but the wheel still does not work. Nothing comes up on the wheel bases screen or the wheels screen. Hopefull Fanatec get back to me soon as I have a big race coming up soon.

• I also have the "Error: Connect device failed(Error: Initial ping failure: No response received for ping command.)." issue.

From looking at other tickets for this issue the only solution seems to be RMA. This is also what the support team said.

I'm currently going through RMA process.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry for the delay, the team is handling a large volume of enquiries at the moment. I see that support got back to you today and initiated the RMA process. You'll receive further information / instructions soon. I'll mark this thread as 'RMA in progress'.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Well when are they going to get back to me? the plug for the pedals broke was working for 5 days, sent pictures in and been waiting for a week to hear from them.

• Well, I have a similar issue and have not heard back from Fanatec yet. I have yet to get far into simracing at all due to the issues. This really has been an experience liek non other for me.

My DD1 powers of immediately after I power it on. The Fanatec logo shows up on the screen and the wheel rotates once then powers off. I will make a separate thread on it.