GT DD Pro 8nm "Phantom" hand brake inputs with no hand brake connected.

Getting random and constant spikes in hand brake input even though I have no hand brake hooked up. I have CSR Elite pedals with clutch and load cell brake, and cheap up and down shifter from old Forza CSR Wheel connected. Everything up to date. Windows 10 64. All Fanatec drivers and software up to date. It also registers these inputs in the old game controllers menu in windows.

Anybody know what's going on here?

It happens when not touching anything but happens more when you're activating other inputs it seems... maybe.

The wheel just randomly spikes the hand brake input constantly, up to 100%. Sometimes a tiny amount, sometimes 50%, 25%, etc.. Just bizarre. It's always very quick, like 1ms or something.

Made a quick vid but sometimes it does it more, sometimes less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50nbKt8jtY

Comments

• Update: If I disconnect the pedals entirely it stops the phantom hand brake inputs. Not sure if that means the issue is definitely with the pedals or the base or the combination.

Even when in a game if I wait and don't hit any buttons while assigning a control, it'll assign that control automatically when it glitches. So the phantom inputs are being registered in-game, at least when the game is listening for all the inputs when binding.

I wish we could lock out that input or something. I have a feeling if I had a hand brake and connected it, and calibrated it, this problem might go away. Not sure.

• Are you using a metal rig? Sounds like you might have a grounding issue? Should be able to find a few threads somewhere around here on the topic which might offer some insight.

• I suspect Gregg Domain is on the right track. Here's a post on the subject, although it's about the shifter and not handbrake, I bet it's the same problem:

Shifter misbehaving in h-pattern mode : Fanatec (reddit.com)

• I wish email updates worked on this forum. Thanks for replies. I have an all metal rig (Sim Seats SRX). I guess this could be easily tested by seeing if it happens when wheel and/or pedals are not connected to the rig. If I connect the pedals that came with the wheel and it still does it, I am going to consider it defective and go through support to get the wheel base fixed or replaced.