CSL DD Clunking Shaft

Hey All,

I’m having the same issue and it’s causing a clunking sound when the base is powered off or when it’s powered on and I’m driving. 

I followed the instructions to reseat the shaft, but it made no difference. 

Here’s a video to show what I mean. It’s very very frustrating! Especially after waiting so darn long to get this CSL DD! Argh!

This isn’t the only issue, but it’s the first one I’m hoping to find resolution to.

Thank you all in advance,

Jason

Comments

• i don't know if this actually causes the issue(s) you're showing in the video, but you're not supposed to tighten the collar/clamp at that end of the shaft, it should be pulled towards you (assuming you are facing the front of the base) against the shaft.

• This is how it came from Fanatec. I made sure to take a before and after picture to ensure the clamp was in the same location. I did just slide the clamp to where you and another in the RaceDepartment thread showed it should be, but there is still this same issue.

On my CSL DD, it's physically impossible for the shaft to go further into the base. It can only go in as far as the USB connection will allow and on my case, this is it.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Jason,

I replied to you on RaceDepartment, this unit appears to be defective, and you should open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Thank you Dom! I'm going to do as you recommended and open a ticket with Support. Thank you again for the help!

• Thanks again for your help Dominic!

Now I have a 3rd issue with the CSL DD. About 10 minutes into a 20 minute race on ACC, my McLaren V2 wheel stopped working. I was stuck in 2nd gear, couldn't shift and the display stopped working on the wheel. I swapped to my WRC wheel just in case it was the McLaren wheel, but no luck. The base no longer detects any of my wheels. I confirmed this in the Fanatec software and made a video to document it. So frustrating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq3szrSxyzQ

I opened up a Support Ticket on Wednesday (Support Request: 171411/CRM: 000000700330394), so now it's just a matter of how long until I get a response and resolution.

After patiently waiting almost a year to finally get my CSL DD to replace my V2.5, it's a bummer so many are experiencing issues like I am with the CSL DD.

I've never had to ship anything back to Fanatec, so I'm not sure where it'll have to go. Do you know if I have to ship it all the way back to Europe (from California) and wait for Fanatec to do whatever with it, then ship me a new one? With these being "Out of Stock" on their website, this doesn't seem like it'll be a fairly quick replacement.

Again, just curious how long I'll have to wait before I'm back in action. I'm itching to race!

Thanks again Dominic! I appreciate you!

Jason