Be careful with GT DD pro + Playseat Challenge

Hi Everyone,

just a quick Info for anyone who want's to use a DD pro with the playseat challenge. The Wheel is too heavy for this seat. It works while sitting in the Chair, but you have to be super careful when you don't. Only the lightest touch to the chair and it will fall over and therefore damage your wheelbase.

happened to me just after 3 days of using it. Had to send it in for repair and been waiting for 2 weeks now to get it back.

talked to the costumer Service yesterday and the guy told me, that they have multiple RMA's because of this.

so i thought, as everybody know's how long it's gonna take to get your stuff back When it's send in for repair, don't make this mistake like i did.

Comments

• I use a 6 lb counterweight to offset the weight of the CSL DD to keep my Challenge from tipping over and it works pretty well. I'm using an ankle weight made for workouts that I hang off the right rear support so it doesn't tip forward or left when swinging the Challenge open, but you can use anything.

• I have a playseat challenge with 8nm dd pro with a unmoved mounting plate and my rig is stable, not front heavy and does not tip....I also have full indigo;ime braces on it

• Playseat Challenge was useless even with my old T300, I cannot imagine how someone can use it with 8nm base.

• the good thing is, you waiting 2 weeks now for repair. Im waiting 2 weeks now just for an answer on my ticket. Its crazy how long it takes. My wheel stopped working 8 april. Hope ill get it back before the first of july. €700 down the drain for the moment

• RJ DRJ D Member

I’m also using the DDpro 8nm with a playseat challenge.

As long as the slide out bar which is meant to stop it from tipping over is out, mine is stable.

you might try making the round foot on the end of that slide out bar thicker, to keep it more stable?

I also recently installed the full Indigo lime kit and it has made the playseat much more usable. I didn’t actually need the part that stabilizes the pivot arm, since mine is a fairly new challenge, but I thought why not make it as good as possible.