FANATEC IS CRAP

long story short, i spent a thousand dollars for something that doesn't work and they are saying I took to long and they won't refund my money. F them

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING from these POS.

Comments

• https://fanatec.com/eu-en/right-of-revocation-revocation-form

As written in their Right of revocation conditions, you have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.

So if that period is over, then its their right to not refund you the money - but they would still need to start a Repair RMA process, if the product is faulty and not working as it should.

• great, let me reiterate....they took 14 days to respond to my original question. so don't give me this bullshit.

read all the other comment and complaints,

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received what could be a defective product.

However I have checked your account communication, and your above statement is not accurate.

You contacted us for technical support (not a refund request) on 28.03 and we responded on 01.04.

On 21.04 you made a refund request (28 days after the products were delivered).

The team is following standard procedure in this case. They have offered to replace your defective pedals and would send you shipping labels so it would not cost you anything to return this unit. Please continue to communicate with the support agent, they will do everything they can to ensure that your hardware works correctly.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Well i been waiting for a refund or a replacement or a fix for this problem, they sent me a reply asking for pictures which i did reply to that email and now it's been 7 days longer now and not heard nothing else from them how will this take i want a replacement a fix or a refund, five days and the plug to the wheel base for the pedals broke off when i was setting up my wheel stand it was loose from the start , i hope they don't try this two week thing on me. hate to go to my bank for this to happen.

• You have to initiate a refund within 14 days.

If your initial query (within 14 days) was for technical support and subsequently after 15 days, you decide to get a refund, they will not refund you.

• All I know is they wanted pictures and the got them and not another response from them over a week now, so what’s the delay just to tell someone what the next step is?

• They dont respond i think? Im waiting 2 weeks now. Just to know what i have to do or not to do. Its kinda hard i think to answer a mail. Its unfortunate. I expected a company thats good with products and clients. But yeah…..

• MY DD1 stopped working already as well. I put in a support ticket a week ago and got confirmation of receipt of the ticket and still have not heard back from them. With these expensive and technical items, a responsive support team is crucial but I can't help but to feel like I'm being ignored.

• Yes i feel the same way, it's ridiculous how customer service is ran over here no phone number and they just ignore emails seems too me, well good luck with this one for sure hope you get this worked out soon.

• Thanks. At this point, I just want my money back and move on with my life. This has been a customer service nightmare for me. I truly have never dealt with anything close to this from a company. I would think a company where you spents a few thousand of dollars in one pop and then spend hundreds of dollars soon after would value someone like that but this is one is a beast. They just don't care.

• I feel the same, looks like they don’t care. They ignoring mails. At this point, i dont know what to do anymore. Spendes almost €1000 for a wheel. And it doesn’t work after i used it like 8 times or 4 weeks.. hopeless….

• Well this just goes to show you what we would be dealing with whenever something goes wrong with these products. Have an upcoming race online to prepare for but you podium or pedals are bricked for some reason? Well, you won't get any help from them.

Just say if they decide to finally answer you in a week, two weeks, a month or whatever, do you really want to have to go through all of this customers service nightmare again a few months later when your pedals or shifter stop working? You have to stand up and fight with your money.

• Is there a way to get it back? I hope so but actually i dont know. There is no way i want to go back to a situation for waiting months to get an answer, or a solution. For now its hoping they give the money back. I have no other wheel, so just cant race, nothing. Almost €1000 back in the box, standing in a corner in my room. Thats crazy

• Yes, here in the USA there are things in place to protect the consumer if the company does not cooperate with you. Sorry but I am not sure how it works in Europe but I would assume that it would be similar.

I am in the same boat as you. I have over $3500.00 worth of equipment that I can't use that is sitting and taking up space in my recreation room. Everything connects to the DD1 so everything else is useless to me because the DD1 is a brick now. I have no other backup equipment or anything so I can't even race.

• Oh okay, dont know if its the same in Europe. Have to check that out, did the live chat, but not a feeling they helped me out.

yeah i get you man, its frustrating that all the equipment is just laying there. So much money for nothing.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

If you paid using your credit card, do check with your credit card company.

• Dit it via paypal, i contacted them, now fanatec want to listen to my problem.

• This is so horrible!! I am sorry you went through this...I literally spent $3000 on products at the beginning of this month and I have not yet received any of it!!!!

I am so worried I finally get what I paid for and it's broken! I also used Paypal!

• Dont worry, if it works its a good wheel, but i see on the forum a lot of people with issues, its nor sure of you get them to, if i speak for my self.. i lost all my trust. I want my money back, rather than the wheel. Dont want tonmake this parcour of issues en waiting again..

its unfortunate for all the people experiencing this, hope for you that you got some luck with it