csl dd

I just purchased a CSL dd 8ohm wheel base . I hooked it to my computer with the shifter and peddles connected to it. I'm using a Vive Pro 2 headset but everytime I turn on the wheel base my Vive headset loses tracking. I had an old v 2.0 wheel base and never had a problem with it.

just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and if so how did you fix it

Comments

• Sounds like typical EMI issues.

Is your Rig properly grounded?

• thanks for responding. Its bolted to an 8020 rig and connected straight to my computer. no other wires are connected. Had no issues with my v 2 base bolted on the same way

• edited April 2022

Yeah a CSW v2 has a MUCH smaller motor without magnets, so no EMI issues possible.

A DD works completely different with its much larger motor and can lead to EMI issues if the rig is not properly grounded.

So I would advise you to ground your rig as a first step.

• Thanks again! I'm not sure how to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My luck and I would fry my computer.

• some have used ferrite cores on their electrical cables.

• Thank you very much. I’m kind of surprised Fanatec didn’t know or warn about this being a possible problem. Then again, maybe I’m the only one with a problem. Would this be just for the electrical cables or data as well! Hope that’s not to dumb a question. Thanks again!!

• Just an update to my problem using a csl dd wheel base with a vr headset. I found a video on YouTube that suggested using Ferrite toroid cores made from product 31 material only. Found these on Amazon: FT-240-31 FerriteToroid cores-31 material and ordered 2 of them. Wire tied the 2 cores together and wound the headset cord thru them a total of 6 times. Attached them to the back of my seat and turned everything on and to my joy it worked perfectly! I no longer loose tracking on my headset with the wheel base turned on. I found out this is a common problem using a direct drive wheel with vr so I hope this will help anyone having the same problem. Just make sure it is made from product 31 and not 43. Space the windings equal distance from each other.