DD2 Dead and no support/RMA

Seems like quite the trend on this board, sadly.

I installed a new DD2, which was ordered along with a Club Sport Formula V2.3 wheel and Club Sport Pedals V3....all mounted to a new NLR GTTrack with combat flight pack. Within the first hour of racing the DD2 stopped recognizing wheel-turn input. Flashed all firmware to several different versions as well as OS drivers. DDR fan just runs at 100% and reboots erratically.

Others seem to have had a similar experience with DD2, and it's just an RMA to fix. It is now seven days since I filed my support ticket (which admittedly is still just within their SLA) with no response to my repeated queries. But I am growing increasingly concerned that I have spent thousands for an inferior product and company.

Comments

• If you are online now try to call their support number. It’s only a two hour window but this might get you the support you need.

• I couldn't get through with that support number. I even stayed up until 1 am to get in touch through the phone but after waiting a few minutes, there was an automated message that no one was available. I even tried the Live Chat and was told no one was available there either. It's crazy...

• This is really a pity and I guess not the way things are supposed to work. I really hope that things will still move forward for you this week. In the end, fanatec is not a scam company and I believe they will solve your issues but it will just take more time than you’re accustomed to, whether you want to give them a chance to rectify things is another story.

• Thank you for sending the phone number, i couldn't find it anywhere on the site. I don't have int'l dialing on my phone plan but if this situation goes another few business days without Fanatec interaction then i'll sort things to be able to call them.

• Seems like there are a lot DDs dying recently. Are they all from the same factory in China? Is that where Fanatec has only recently agreed to manufacture and assemble these units? Surely would like to see those numbers. Has quality control been that bad?

• This would be very difficult to find out…..who are the suppliers of these these components. I guess fanatec wouldn’t inform us about the failure rate but I saw one person in the states ordered 20 units and 3 were defective. Granted that was the csl dd but I can imagine it’s the same internals as dd pro so same factory/suppliers.

i really hope they can maintain this space they carved out for themselves in the market but seems like a Herculean challenge with the failures, support requests and delayed supplies and they have to be thinking about the release of the competition DD which will hit their forecast dramatically. Yes I’m complaining a lot about fanatec but I still want to give them a chance to rectify at least my issues and support a company in Germany where I live, others will feel very differently.

• How could someone be allowed to order 20 units?

• Sorry it's been a while since i updated. I had to travel for work and while away we processed RMA for the DD2 and my CS Formula V2.5 wheel. The DD2 came back from repair and i was shipped a new wheel.

Plugged in the DD2 and it shows operational and firmware up to date. Plug in the wheel and the DD2 crashes....the DD2 display shuts off (the wheel lcd never turns on) and the DD2 disconnects from Windows. Upon cycling DD power with the wheel attached, fanatec control center enters firmware update for the wheel. Update process fails with that same lovely message we're all getting: "Error: Update image failed (No response packet from target device). Update process is stopped by error"

I updated my ticket and we'll see where we go next. Could I have gotten two bad wheels in a row? Or did RMA not completely repair the DD2? Or both of those things?

• The saga continues....

I started on a fresh pc which hadn't been used for Fanatec devices ever. Installed the new 442 driver and rebooted. Connected the wheelbase, waited for windows device setup to complete, and then successfully updated base and motor firmware no problem. Now the wheel base wants to update WQR firmware randomly even though WQR is at v6. WQR firmware update fails. If I get the wheel base to start without asking for WQR update then it shows devices connected (pedals & shifter) even though they are not connected. When I connect the wheel it either doesn't get detected at all or if it randomly does detect it attempts firmware update and fails. Different USB ports give all the same results.

Support ticket updated with the above and a video.

I also noticed another problem....my Clubsport pedals fail firmware update. Software says it was successful, then control panel won't open back up unless i disconnect the pedals usb. Reconnecting shows them at the same old firmware version. I haven't updated support on this yet.