ClubSport Pedals V1 + GT DD Pro Braking Force

I have original ClubSport Pedals and just upgraded to a GT DD Pro so I can play GT7. My issue is that the braking force required is too high. I have the load cell adjuster maxed out, so it requires the minimum force, and my tuning menu (advanced mode) does not show a BRF adjustment. I think the solution is probably a hardware change, perhaps using a stiffer insert between the pedal and the load cell? If so, what do I buy, the inserts I see available on the store only list compatibility with V3 pedals.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• CSP v1 do not support BRF in the Tuning Menu.

However, AFAIK the knob on the LC needs to be turned to its minimum and not to its maximum if you want less force to be required for full brake input so you might just have turned the knob in the wrong way. Try to turn it the other way, maybe then it requires less brake force. Otherwise there is nothing you can do as its an old pedal set without BRF and without Manual Calibration support.

• Thanks for the response Maurice. I have depressed the brake and turned the knob at the same time to verify that it is at the limit of the setting to minimize brake pressure required.

• Let me ask this question… if I were to replace the PU foam with something harder, or perhaps just a fresh PU foam, would that decrease the force required, or only decrease the throw of the pedal?

• As a current owner and user of a set of CSP v1's, I can honestly say that I've never had an issue with the amount of force required to register 100% on the brakes. I have the dial set to somewhere right about in the middle. I do have the pedals securely attached to my rig, so there's no chance of them sliding about.

Are you trying to use the pedals free-standing (i.e. not bolted or otherwise securely fastened to your rig)? Because I think even with the little silver resistance dial turned all the way down to its lowest level, you may still have trouble keeping the pedals in place.

I'm not sure about replacing the PU foam with something stiffer. But I suspect that that will only decrease (slightly) the throw distance. I think it will not make it so that your new throw distance is the new 0-100%, if that makes sense.

• Jeff StuartJeff Stuart Member
    edited April 2022

My pedals are securely mounted to my rig. One the thought I have is I wonder if the mounting point of the piston assembly to the pedal is adjustable. There are a series of holes and mine is mounted in the bottommost holes.

I haven’t used these pedals in many years, but I do not remember having this issue previously. I know that I used to use them with the dial not maxed out, but now the amount of force required is too high for my comfort and my (now substantially older) knee is starting to hurt after playing for awhile.

Does anyone have a link to the manual for these pedals? I’ve only been able to find the manual for v3 pedals on the website, and the v1 pedals are not even an option for registering as a product I own under my account. I registered as v2 but the v2 product page does not have a manual under the downloads section.

• Hi Jeff,

what kind ob Cable do you use to connect yout CSP V1 pedals? The original fanatec PS2-RJ12 adapter cable?

Can you tell me the correct cable wiring order on the RJ12-Connector or post a picture of the plug?

The original cable is not in stock and I want to change one connector on my old PS2-PS2 cable to a RJ12 plug.

Thanks in advance :)

• Nico: I saw you had resolved your issue in another thread, so didn’t respond.

Revisiting this thread with an update:

I was mostly dealing with the issue by just pushing really hard, but eventually I started to get some much worse behavior where the brake was starting to act erratic, registering no force, or way too much, or flickering. I found that moving the wires around where the go into the load cell itself (where the are/we’re glued down) could cause these issues to happen without any brake pressure applied.

I ordered a replacement load cell and that seems to have resolved all issues, with now a much more reasonable amount of braking force required, as it should be.

TL;DR: if you’re experiencing this problem try replacing your load cell.