Received my order in 5 days

I know a lot of you guys are having a nightmare with your orders, and I do feel bad for you all, just a flipside to that coin. I placed my order for a CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase, Clubsport Formula V2 wheel and CSL Elite Pedals Last Thursday Morning, from the UK. They arrived at my door at 09.03 this morning, effectively less than 3 working days. Its my first order with Fanatec as I have recently got into sim racing and had bought a Logitech G29 during lockdown, started watching YouTube and the name Fanatec kept coming up. I was very nervous about ordering because of the experiences a lot of you have, but I made sure everything I ordered was in stock and I have to say I'm very impressed with the speed. Not sure I'd be brave enough to pre-order anything. Lastly, having finally got my hands on the Fanatec stuff and have to say im very very impressed. Even though the CSL line is their entry level equipment, it's leaps and bounds over the G29. I enjoyed my time with the G29 but i have to say, it felt like a toy in comparison.

I genuinely hope you all get you orders soon, I will be buying the load cell pedal and shifter when they come back in stock, looks like it could be a while.

Comments

• Nice Nigel, i ordered my Fanatec gear knowing it was pre-order and accepted the wait as i also own a Thrustmaster TS-XW. I appreciate there are genuine negative issues in this forum, as there are with many other brands, but i can't feeling we only hear about the bad ones.

Fanatec need an Amazon-style review system for both the company and their products, as there are plenty of people that have a seamless experience and you only read about them on the likes of YouTube or Reddit - the same that brought me to Fanatec.

• I'm sure there were many positive experiences before recently which is what brought me to them as well. But there is no denying the unacceptable state they are operating at the moment. Maybe there are positive experiences but there are also many many negative ones and they are significant enough for people to try to find respite in the forums.

• As good as their products are, customer communication does seem very lacking.

• I also ordered my CSL Elite + Formula V2 last Friday, but unfortunately it hasn't even been shipped yet. I'm also in Europe, but good to know that at least some of the orders are being fullfilled correctly. Was really hoping to get mine this week but it doesn't seem like it at all.

• Just recently ordered a CSL ELite Wheelbase V1.1 and a P1 steering wheel. Got both in 5 days as expected. First wheelbase was DOA, but support got back to me within 2 days (which is decent during this Covid-19 thing) and gave me an RMA right away. I went ahead and ordered a replacement wheel base and it also came in 5 days as expected. They credited me for the shipping as soon as they received it back. They issued credit to my CC for the wheel base within 3 days of receiving it back.

No complaints here.

• Same here, I've had a great experience with Fanatec.

My first order was the CSL Elite F1® Set and CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit on the 30th of April, received on the 8th of May. Second order was the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub and ClubSport Wheel Rim GT ordered on the 18th of May, received on the 21st of May.

I did opt to only purchase items that displayed "Available" and did not want to take a chance on "Pre-Order" items as I knew how that would play out given the circumstances. It's unfortunate, but it's out of everyone's control, including Fanatec. I figured there would be a bottle-neck somewhere.

I'm sure everyone will receive their purchases as manufacturing and logistics slowly gets back to "normal".

Customer service has also been outstanding!

This whole thing kind of worked out in a coincidental way for me. I was building a flight sim, had everything ready-to-go, and I figured I'd buy a Logitech wheel so I could try a few racing games. Logitech was out-of-stock all over, I came across a seller on eBay with some Fanatec items, which were selling for about 30% over retail. He told me not even to bid, Fanatec had those items in stock for a lower price, and that was that.

Since receiving my Fanatec products, I ditched the flight sim, and have not looked back. Between Fanatec and my V3 Motion Platform, I've never had so much fun playing "video games" in my life!

Be patient, it's worth the wait!

All the best to everyone. 😀

• Reading through these forum posts it is fairly obvious that, if Fanatec can accommodate your issue, you get a fairly decent reply time. However, if they can't, or if the news would be "bad," all you get is a flatline. This seems to be the case both with Sales and tech support.

I had very good luck with them recently (a week or two ago) with a CSL Elite V1.1 base and the P1 wheel, both arrived in 5 days. Similarly, as the first wheel base was DOA, the response to my return, refund, and subsequent replacement wheelbase order were all both quick and without issue........

.........It went so well that I decided to order a set of Clubsport V3 pedals as well. I had trouble placing a pre-order via the web and contacted Sales for help. That was a week ago. They still haven't replied to the email. Pretty obvious why. Pedals were supposed to be available June 5. On June 5, the pedal availability is now showing as being pushed out anther 3 weeks to June 26. They waited until today to change that. Lots of posts on here that establish that as more-or-less a standard practice. I now suspect that will happen again in three weeks.

IF I do order these pedals, and that is no "lock" at this point, it will be because I can't find anything I would consider an appropriate replacement for a reasonable price.