Delays and partial shipments

Hi all,

So on March 29th I bought a set of CSL Pedals with load cell kit, ClubSport steering wheel, quick release adapter and CSL DD (8Nm).

All those items where available at the moment ofr buying EXCEPT for the DD wheel base that had an availability date of April 28th. I read back then the terms of ¨No partial delivery possible¨ and I accepted both the date and the terms.

However, as of April 21st I received the following email:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear customer,

It has come to our attention that a technical issue has occurred as our initial E-Mail did unfortunately not reach you. Therefore, we will of course once again provide you with the following update:

We would like to provide you with an update on your CSL DD (8Nm) order.

Due to the current shipping situation worldwide, the cargo ship from China containing your product has been delayed.

As all orders leave our warehouse only once all ordered items are in stock, this means your shipment, including any additional items you may have purchased, will be postponed until roughly May 30th, 2022.

We will try our best to get the products in stock and ship them to you as soon as possible.

No partial delivery is possible.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I read again that no partial delivery is possible even though Fanatec broke the original terms I agreed to when buying.

Again, I accepted the terms and was ok with it, however, those terms have changed and it was not up to me. I feel that Fanatec products are premium products and we pay a premium price for them as well as in my case at least 50€+ for shipment. I feel that we should be treated like premium customers too and It would be only fair from them to do 2 shipments and not having the customer wait an extra month to use part of their purchase that is already available.

The way I see it, I pay an specific amount of money for X products to be delivered around Y date. Fanatec rapidly took the money. Now that date has changed for much worse yet we receive no compensation (discount code, partial shipment or anything similar...)

I see that this is a common problem recently, it looks like they are selling more than they have and putting us on a waitlist, yet there is no easy way to talk to a support person or if you do all the answers are copied-pasted. Fanatec has to improve their customer service and transparency.

Comments

• My "premium" DD1 stopped working altogether within 2 weeks and never fully was functional. It would take me anywhere from 45 to an hour just to get it in a state where I could drive for a few minutes before I would feel my wheel get dysfunctional. The game would crash soon afterward. Then it would take another 45 minuutes or so just to get everything up and running again just for it to happen again. Now my premium DD1 doesn't work at all.

On top of that, Fanatec didn't even ship my wheel initially and tried to say that they shipped it at first and ignored my response for days before I got fed up and hit them with a ton of solid evidence that they did not ship my wheel but was claiming that they did. It took so much time for me to make a video and put together all of the evidence that they did not ship my steering wheel. Someone finally responded and claimed that they had responded to me before. They finally broke down and admitted that my wheel was not shipped due to a "system error."

It's funny how they make claims that they sent us messages that we somehow did not receive and all of these "technical and system errors." Meanwhile, I still have a bricked DD1... The customer service is almost non-existent, man. They tell you how they have more support tickets than usual but my research suggests that they was using that excuse 2 years ago as well. Will they always have more customer support tickets than usual? SMH.

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited April 2022

I am truly disappointed reading all this after sales customer support. Or lack of.

If you have not received your order, or it has not been shipped, get a refund and go elsewhere.

Do check out VRS Direct Force Pro. If they do not have stock, you are pre-registered. No payment necessary. There is a bar which shows you where you are on the wait list. When your turn is up, you have 48hrs to pay and 3 days later you get it. I am in the UK. Item came fr EU.

But 1 point to note, they design products for sim racing based on what sim racers want, ie to go fast. Not to be immersive and feel like a real car.

I wanted to upgrade my pedals and went with VRS DFP pedals over the V3. Roughly €50 more expensive but i like the adjustability. They have a discord channel to offer support. So my CSL LC pedals are on ebay now...

• The whole culture has to change from the ground up I’m sorry to say and it seems like some kind of arrogance that they are moving delivery dates around which is their fault and not offering some kind of flexibility to send a partial shipment, give a discount or voucher or whatever as you say. This is not a question of policy but of choice……as in they choose not to accommodate you and they chose to take your money first………what other online company does this before anything is shipped????

All I can say is I hope that you get a fully functional package so you don’t have to go through the nightmare of support as Mark has pointed out above.