DD1 Driver & Calibration issue + FanaLab Tuning Menu w/ R300/button cluster pack
I purchased my Fanatec DD1, Podium Hub, R300 wheel w/ Advanced Paddle Module, ClubSport Button Cluster pack & ClubSport Inverted Pedals earlier in April. I did not purchase a standalone handbrake or H-pattern/sequential shifter. My sim chassis finally showed up late last week so I was unboxing and assembling the rig all weekend.
I have encountered a series of issues during my attempts to install and calibrate the DD1, pedals, etc:
- The communications cable from the pedals is plugged into the back of the DD1, the DD1's USB to the PC. I have tried several USB ports on the PC, all of them SS-USB.
- I have tried drivers 335, 346, 347, and 352 available on the DD1 - no driver installed has allowed me to access the Game Controller 'Properties' menu in Windows. I get a message 'Please reconnect device and try again.' If all Drivers are uninstalled, I am able to access a seemingly worthless Properties menu that does not map the axes of the wheel or pedals.
- As recommended, I put the DD1 into Bootloader mode and performed a Flash Firmware, updating to (I believe) 669. This caused 'CAL' to be flashing, and the wheel is waiting for me to calibrate center. I do not have a wheel/button combination with a Tuning Menu button or Funkyswitch (R300, clubsport button cluster) and have read that FanaLab is required to access this Tuning Menu.
- FanaLab 1.12 and 1.23 (driver-dependent) have been installed and will recognize the DD1, Podium hub and Clubsport pedals - it does not recognize the Advanced Paddle Module or Clubsport Button Cluster pack, I am not sure if this is something that is normally recognized by FanaLab. I am able to access the TuningMenu in FanaLab, but there is nowhere in FanaLab's menus that has a wheel center-recalibration prompt.
- I later read elsewhere that the Game Controller driver's Properties menu is where you recalibrate the DD1's center without the Tuning Menu wheel button and Funkyswitch. Again - I get the error message mentioned above when attempting to access this Properties menu.
- None of the ClubSport Button Cluster buttons or paddles from the Advanced Paddle Module are mappable in Assetto Corsa. The Pedals at any stage during this process have not been mappable or recognized either. Prior to installing ANY drivers or firmware, ONLY the Wheel's 900deg rotation was recognized by Assetto Corsa. I am only using Assetto Corsa as it was the game I was attempting to test with.
- Last, maybe unrelated - I was trying to see if a button combination would access the Tuning Menu in the DD1, and noticed that hitting all 6 of the ClubSport Button Cluster's buttons would change the 'Fanatec DD1' to 'Fanatec ClubSport 2.5' in both the FanaLab's recognized devices, and the Game Controllers control panel menu. I'm not sure what that's about.
My current major issue, as it seems to me, is being able to access the Properties menu in the Game Controller screen, in FanaLab, or otherwise being able to center-calibrate the DD1. I anticipate further issues as it still seems that the pedals/shift paddles/buttons are not mappable in Assetto Corsa, but I'm crossing that bridge when I come to it.
I have searched Reddit and these forums looking for a similar issue, and I've seen similar ones but not the same. I spent about 6 hours yesterday troubleshooting this with all sorts of driver/fanalab combinations and based on thing's I've read here and on Reddit. I've checked all my connections several times and done the typical restart, reboot (including restarting the wheelbase in the Bootloader menu). I'm out of ideas and feel pretty silly having spent so much on this setup only to be this lost with how to get it all working properly.