Podium Racing Wheel F1 Failure (PS4 DD1 Wheelbase Failure)

A support ticket is currently submitted, however I want to know if anyone has had the same or similar issue. I really didn't want to be this person.

I have owned my Podium Racing Wheel F1 for just over 6 months, but its only been installed and used lightly since mid-March. I was just partaking in some light online racing when the wheel suddenly switched off with a noticeable click.

After not being able to turn it back on, I inspected the plugs from the power point towards the wheel base. The light on the power supply and the back of the wheel base would flash/come on momentarily before dying. There was then some electrical arcing from behind the power plug within the wheel base. Everything was disconnected, and then reconnected, and now it is all dead. I do however now have a solid green light on the power supply again.

Right now I honestly do not know what to think or feel other than gutted/angry/upset/confused. I'm hoping its something simple and its now not trashed.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• If you saw electrical arcing then the problem is serious. I presume you have removed the power lead and unplugged the supply. A bit surprised that you say you tried the power supply again after you saw the arcing.

Sounds like something is shorting so will need returned for inspection and repair.

• Yeah, everything has been disconnected. With the initial arcing it was while everything was still connected, I had just been checking for anything that might be loose. It wasn't until that happened that everything was eventually disconnected.

That being said, she is proper dead now. No response, no "cooling down", zip, nada, zilch.

• I think I have similar issue with a brand new DD1, how did you resolve your issue at the end? For me I hear a sound the moment I press power button, then both the power light and the light on PSU blink every 8 secs, felt like something in the wheelbase shorted.