CSL DD Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Hey,

I recently installed my CSL DD (8 NM) wheel and got all the latest drivers etc. I then turned on the wheel base and everything worked. I changed some settings like the force feedback, and then I went to centre the wheel. When I centred the wheel, it came up with a box to confirm the centre, and as soon as I clicked "Okay", it disconnected, the Fanatec software says "No Fanatec Device Found!" and a Windows notification popped up saying that the USB device has malfunctioned. I clicked the repair button on the installer, and nothing changed, disconnected and re-connected the cables, tried different USB ports, and tried to troubleshoot the device in control panel, but nothing has changed, and the device is currently called "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

I couldn't find any other posts that were the same as mine, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi its a long shot but in device manager look for usb devices, at the top of the screen there should be a drop down which has show hidden devices and I think it may be in there you would need to remove it an then remove the hidden usb device for it to be reinstalled, I had this issue when steam lost my wheel configurations, hope this helps

• Tried that thanks, but it still doesn't work. Last night after a few hours of waiting, I tried again, and all of a sudden, the software said I did have a firmware update available, so it did it and it worked perfectly, however, this morning when I turned everything on, I have exactly the same issue.

• This is what comes up whenever I turn it on/plug it in:

So as you can also see, it doesn't allow me to click anything from the left hand side menu as it is all greyed out, I assume because it thinks nothing is connected.

• Psql .Psql . Member

Is your base in the correct (color) mode when you try this?

• ok so it looks like its the pc not the equipment, so its one of 2 things either the wheel base is in the wrong mode or it could be that you hve the wrong fanatec win driver, there are 2 win 32 and win 64bit, you could try this here are the instrcutions try this see if it works https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/a6/ee/64/Driver-Firmware-Instructions-Manual-EN_Web_02_MO.pdf if not report back and well try and get you sorted, if all fails we start from scratch and go through step by step, also wheich wheel base and wheel and pedals ?

• I'm in PC mode and I have the CSL DD 8NM, CSL BMW wheel and the CSL Pedals with loadcell.

I have gone back to an earlier driver and it worked... for about 30 seconds before disconnecting. I unplugged all cables, plugged them back in and it didn't work, and then I unplugged all the cables and put them back in for a second time, and it for some reason works fine now. I'm too scared to turn the PC just in case I turn it back on and it doesn't work again, but I have no idea what the issue is if it keeps randomly working.

Now the software is reading all inputs fine, but in F1 2021, when I brake and accelerate, the pedals only get detected at around 50% on the Fanatec software. I have all deadzones to the pedals in game set to zero, so there is nothing else I can do in game that I know of.

• Here's a checklist you can try going through, see if this helps at all: