Finally! My (veeery) short DD Pro test

Hi everyone,

after 2 and half months sitting in their own boxes I finally managed to set up everything for a short test.

I’m very busy ‘elsewhere’ but I wanted to test this new stuff so badly: GT DD Pro with boost kit, DD Pro wheel with metal QR, V3 pedal set complete with dampers and BPK (not used at the Moment) and my SQ Shifter.

Everything is on a TR160 rig, rock solid; shifter is isolated from the rig with nylon washers also on the screws, I fitted ferrite cores in its rj cable, both sides.

Rig itself, base plate, shifter plate, gt seat bracket, everything is grounded in one convenient point on the main rig structure; it’s redundant I know πŸ˜….

Grounding cord going into a wall plug with the earth pin only, of course.

I’m doing this now because Space is tight and I don’t want to deal with this later on.

set up a temporary tv support, connected my two ups , one for wheelbase powerbrick only, the second for the PS5 (non pc plans for the immediate future at least) and the tv .

First run on GT7, 15 minutes, blue PS mode: everything felt nice, I had only an issue with the brake pedal giving me only 50% output when fully pressed. (Fixed today hooking up the pedal set to my laptop and manually adjusting the pedal).

Tested manual shifting also, no miss, no strange stuff. Happy.

I had to go out with my fiancée so I was about to power off everything when, in a end race screen I noticed some noises... it was really strange because I had the clear feeling that the origin was from the tv ... it was like rain falling down at the beginning but it’s a proper metal “rattling” in reality.

I remember some post about this, don’t know or recall specifically.

Wheelbase was ok, no apparent other noises, temperature was super ok... and that’s it.

I quickly moved onto the main screen and the rattling was there but “softer”, started a new race, turned to 0 the tv volume... no rattling.

Today I repeated the test but using my formula V2.5X wheel and ACC (nextgen version). I did not update this wheel because I’m still using it on my ‘old’ rig with CSL Elite and CSL LC pedals (the glorious old ones).

Dd Pro in purple compatibility mode, everything was ok, wheel setting ok, all assignment were good .... one minute to verify the pedals travel and into a race.

Very good feeling, strong feedback, V3 pedals vibration working and conveniently set by option menu in game (on-off).

I tried to change some tuning parameters from the wheel but I had some issues coming from the “old” tuning menu on my csl elite ... everything was locked or auto or whatever even after I went to advanced mode.

not an issue, is my poor experience with the new “face” of the tuning menu.

Again, not too much time to play sonI was about to quit when, again, during a pause menu... the rattling. Same behaviour as yesterday, basically gone when in game.

Later today I’ll dig back in the forum in search of the “rattling” posts to understand the situation.

Wish you all an amazing Sunday!

Ciao!

Comments

• " I noticed some noises... it was really strange because I had the clear feeling that the origin was from the tv ... it was like rain falling down at the beginning but it’s a proper metal “rattling” in reality."

GT7 has this crazy cooling metal sound that you hear clear as day in some screens if you have the music off. It's actually really cool.

But I did have a day that my DD Pro wheel rotated around about 6 times and an incredible RPM and had a bit of a sizzling noise when i powered it on one day. It was probably even a bit of a dangerous speed of rotation.

I had to unplug the power and USB and let it sit to get it to work again. I've been watching it very closely ever since and keeping my hands clear of the wheel when powering it on. So far so good?

So those are the two sounds i've heard so far, but anyways...

I hope you get some time to use your rig more soon!

• Hi mate!

Thakns for your considerations....

...but...

...the same noise, while "dampened", sort of, came out on my even shorter session in ACC (as reported in my post), so completely unrelated to GT7.

Unfortunately I had no further chance to try, I'll be on full setup this weekend maybe, and repeat the test. This time with proper dedication.

I never had my hands on the wheel during power on and off too, not once in almost 5 years with CSL Elite + (PS4). Never. And, of course, it's not an option with the new DD Pro, there's no reason why I should hold the wheel or have my hands around the device while turning it on (and off as well, you'll never know).

Thanks again, I'll post my new findings on the weekend!. Can't wait to have a proper session, really!.

Ciao!

• Hi there!

past weekend I had a chance for a second test, this time 1hr and half with gt7 (DD Pro+V3+shifter+GT7 wheel) and one more hour with ACC (changed the wheel with the Formula V2.5X not updated, as the V3 pedal set still on 1.30 lucky me!).

Yes you were right, this absurd sound is from GT7 .....I honestly don't understand why, really awkward to say the least!πŸ˜‚

I was satisfied, played a little with settings....I can't say I like the "new" tuning menu structure....in my opinion involuted rather than evoluted...but anyway, I'm a no-one I'll get over it.

Same with ACC, I'm far from a stable situation for setup, too little practice and tweaking....next weekend....I hope!.

And no, no strange sound in ACC....maybe I was so 'disturbed' last time with GT7 that I got the same feeling on ACC......crazy me! 😁

Thanks mate, take care!

(how it went with rig grounding?)

Ciao!

• Haha! Yes, I actually love the sound as it sounds just like an oil pan cooling off after a hot run in a Minnesota winter. Very nostalgic. :)

I have the parts for the grounding, but a shoddy wire. I'll update it soon. I haven't played GT7 yet though so I still have to test it out properly. On PC i still just plug the shifter in via USB as it always works. Thanks for asking. :)