CLUBSPORT STEERING WHEEL Bundle Question

Pardon my ignorance since I'm new here. I'm thinking about purchasing a new FANATEC Wheel. The Clubsport Steering Wheel Porsche 911 can be bundled with the Podium Button Module Endurance and the Clubsport Universal Hub V2 at a discounted price on FANATEC dot com. My budget for the wheel, pedals and wheel base is $1000. Are the two extras that are bundled with the Wheel overkill? I plan on racing F1, NASCAR etc... online via PC. I also intend to purchase a decent sim racing rig. I used to sim race in the very early days when NASCAR 95 came out before high speed internet was available and later until 2005. Yes, I'm old 😁 and retired (54 yrs old)

Comments

• It's never overkill, but what wheel base are you intending to get in your budget? Because that wheel bundle is over half the budget if I am correct?

I have the Club Sport Steering wheel RS and the BMW GT2 V2 which are nearly identical I know, but feel very different. The RS would be a perfect wheel for all occasions if the Rev lights were not squared off. But it is my favorite atm. And those wheels are $200 or more cheaper than the Porsche wheels and have most of the goodies built in.

And though the Podium module has all those nice displays, I find I never look at the display of my wheel as it's usually easier to see in the game.

The good news is you can always swap wheels in the future should you decide you want something different or upgrade in the future.

• Ohthreeemthree, you are correct about the budget. I was looking at the CSL DD 5 and CSL DD 8 wheel base models as a starting point. I agree about the Wheel. I also would rather purchase the CSL pedals LC ($199) or the Club Sport V3 pedals ($399) and Shifter ($259) than use the paddle shift system, but maybe later add the paddles and another Wheel. The issue is most of the steering components are out of stock on the Fanatec site. It looks like maybe late Summer before anything is back in stock and even that may be a long shot.

• One nice thing about the hub is that the button placement is pretty configurable and you can add different rims for 100 bucks each. But if you're thinking about getting this and then upgrading as soon as this Christmas, save the money and just go for the dd1.

• Sadly no Wheel Base on Fanatec is available and only a couple pre orders for the GT DD Pro Wheel Base and Podium Racing Wheel F1 are the only Wheel Bases that will be available per their website. I looked at a Moza Wheel Base, but they aren't compatible with third party wheel rims. Since I have no rig yet, I'm thinking about doing a DIY project and maybe buying a used Go Kart frame, then convert it to a Racing Sim rig.

• Hi Scott. I'd strongly suggest waiting before buying any Fanatec products. They are in the midst of a real @$!#storm right now with customer service taking ages to reply to requests, they've shut their hotline down, their email inbox is full, and people are receiving faulty units with no means of contacting the company to rectify their situation.

Things may get better over time, or they may not. Tough to say. If you're not in a huge hurry, I'd say give it a few months. Jump into your DIY project that you mentioned, and see what things look like then. If things are looking better in the Fanatec camp, go for it. If not, there are other alternatives available, with more coming on the horizon.

• Okay, I will definitely keep that in mind. I've been slowly finding more and more racing equipment options online. In a way, the delay of quality steering components online has forced me to do more research that normally I would not had done if online racing sites had stock available.