Screw in quick release

Hello everyone. 

Can you tell me if I have to fix this screw or it is not obligatory? 

Thanks very much

Comments

• It's purely optional.

• Thanks a lot

• If you don't want to have any problems related to pin bend in future, I suggest you better use this skrew.

• bending pins are not causes by not using the optional fixation screw of the metal QR1.

• It's not mandatory, yes, but put it on anyway and you're not gonna lose it. 🤷

Ciao!

• My QR1 is moving a lot when there are forces from the right side of FFB. I can see how it gets open a little. Also there is a bad knocking sound in that moment. It definitely should have some bad influence on pins. I put the safty screw and now its ok and safe. Unfurtunately my d-pad dont work anymore. The last owner didn't use the safe screw so I don't know it that cause the problem. Somethimes the d-pad shows life but only for few laps.

• Knocking on wood as I type this...

I recently replaced the plastic QR1Lite on my McLaren wheel rim with the metal QR1. The difference was night and day. I am way more confident with the wheel than I was with the QR1L and all of it's slipping, clicking and creaking. I am definitely glad that I got the metal QR1.

Truthfully, I was holding out for the QR2, but the QR1L on my McLaren wheel progressively gotten worse with the movements. It was at the point where I stopped driving with the wheel rim, so I didn't end up with a reason to contact Fanatec about repairing the wheel rim. Seeing that the QR2 is practically vaporware, I went with something that would arrive within a week.

As for the screw (more knuckles hitting wood), I haven't used it yet. There seems to be no issues with the quick release and my CSL-DD. I'll keep an eye out for any funkiness, but so far the metal QR has been rock solid.

• I did the same and yeah it is night and day. I had tried several methods to reducing the speaking and movement but finally bit the bullet and bought the metal QR. I did put the screw in - just to make sure everything is tight, and frankly as I only have one wheel, a QR doesn't really make that much sense :) It's simply another mechanical connection to reduce play.