CSL Elite Pedals

edited June 2020 in Pedals

Quick question.

Got the brake cell for my father.

changed the small box under the base but didnt connect the clutch pedal since he is not using it.

connected the correct ports etc.

Game of use GRan Tourismo.

thottle is working but I am told the brake is not.

Any quick checks since he is not that much on connecting PC and checking through softwares etc?

Did it need any upgrade too as a pedal box?

or does it need to be calibrated min / max?

his house is about 2 hours from mine so a visit at the moment is not possible. 😇

Comments

• Did he check for any driver and firmware update that the pedals need?

• Hi Jeffrey,

He connected to his laptop that I have downloaded the software etc but the instructions say that the pedals can only be upgraded if you connect them directly to PC but the Clubsport USB adapter is sold separately. (unless if the extra cable that looks like the wheelbase cable for connection to PS4 is the one that connect to the USB port in the small electrical box on the side of the LC kit pic below and we can connect only the pdal box to the PC and try). It was 0230 AM here and the pedals were already bolted on the rig.

Had him on zoom call. Pedals connected to wheel base. PC mode on.

Fist page was showing the Clubsport hub.

The brake bar was only going 50%. Didn't give any min/max setting

Went to settings menu,

Ticked the box that Enable CSL EP LC manual but still it was not showing any kind of min/max manual box to set on page 1.

Tried through the tuning menu to change the BRF (which by default it was on 50% but didn't do anything either. (actually the blue bar in the function test was dropping depending the % but never exceeding half way no matter how much force he was applying tho the pedal).

Then asked him to go the updates menu but the pedals were not showing in the update list.

Only the Wheel base firmware was showing and the motor.

I am sure I have missed something in the whole process.

Any kind of help will be appreciated so I can set him up and running (cause the original 2 pedal electrical box and the hard stopper from the old brake pedal is in my house so we cannot test or even set him up with the old brake pedal)

• Update: We connected the pedals only to the pc.

Updated to latest software. Seems to be working now.

What still is questionable is that the max is not being allowed to be pressed and set.

What only it was allowed was the minimmum and as max we had to play with the small mark on the left side only to adjust the top number.

After setting to 40 it was easier to reach max. The more we were increasing the number we couldnt reach full.

After fiinishing up we ticked the auto and stayed there. (we connected afterwards the base and BRF was at 50 as it was left since yesterday.

So this number in the pedal menu is (%) or is kg of pressure? Anyone know?

• If you check the box on the left over the red arrow in your image you will get manual calibration with min / max on all the pedals.

% pressure

• edited June 2020

Hi Torborn,

Thank for the answer. Did what the manual was saying this is how we did the connection and found out how that the pedals must be connected separetely to get the max/min and the small slide bar (through the wheelbease we couldn't), but still the max button for the brake is not active. Clutch min/max yes. Throttle min/max yes. Brake only min you can press. The max we could not. 😕

So the number we see is the same with the BRF we see on the wheel base settings or a different (%) ? 🙄

EDIT: The picture I used in the previous post was from the manual cause I forgot to take a picture while we were trying stuff.

• Yes it is the same BRF you have on the wheel base settings when connected to the wheel base, adjust it to where you are comfortable with reaching max brake pressure.

If they do not work when you connect them to the wheel base I would contact suport