GT DD PRO weak force feedback on XBOX Series X

Hi,

I have a GT DD Pro (8 nm), with a McLaren GT3 V2 wheel.

I have been playing Assetto Corsa Competizione on my PS 5 with no problems and the wheel feels great.

However, my son has an Xbox series X, so tried ACC on his Xbox ( the wheel base was in Xbox mode - green light). But the force feed back is extremely weak ( even with in games FFB settings high and wheel tuning menu settings high). The game version is the next gen version that was released in Feb.

Does anyone have experience of this? Is is possible to solve to get a good FFB feeling on Xbox series X ? (As mentioned above the wheel feels great on PS5, but terrible on Xbox Series X, as it is so weak).

Any information and advice would be greatly received. Thanks

Comments

• I only play on PC, but from what I've seen others mention, there was an update from Kunos that fixed the problem of weak FFB on the Series X/S, but then apparently a subsequent update broke that fix.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do in the meantime, other than wait for another fix.

• Thanks for the reply.

I will look out for an update on Xbox. Hopefully it will fix the issue.

• I have the same issue.

And I tested some cases and here's the result.

1. Fomula v2 shows massive amount of force feedback from ACC. No issue at all
    2. McLaren GT3 and WRC shows ridiculously weak force feedback in the exactly same setting values.

In addition, with below "WORKAROUND", McLaren GT3 gets massive amount of force feedback:

1. Start ACC with WRC wheel
    2. Start any race
    3. Stop the car
    4. Disconnect the WRC wheel
    5. Turn off the CSL DD (GT DD Pro would be the same)
    6. Connect McLaren GT3 wheel
    7. Turn on the CSL DD
    8. Change CSL DD to Xbox mode
    9. Drive

This workaround is very temporal, so as soon as you restart the race or change any in-game force feedback settings, it would be restored back to ridiculously weak force feedback.

I'm not sure what is going on with ACC.

• Troy KerrTroy Kerr Member
    edited July 2022

Just chiming in to report I am having the same issue. On the xbox series x, The force feedback is very strong using the Formula V2 wheel and very very weak using the McLaren GT3 wheel. Those are the only two wheels I own. I will try your workaround steps using the Formula V2 wheel instead of the WRC wheel, hopefully that will work. I just got the McLaren GT3 wheel today, very bummed.

-- update:

At least the workaround worked. Thanks for that Kwanhong! I wonder if this issue has something to do with the McLaren GT3 being recognized as a Fanatec Podium Wheel in the controller settings.

• Im returning my mclaren wheel because of this. Got the formula v2 and it works great. Crazy that a wheel causes this issue. Almost no feedback at all. I've noticed several games have better feedback when using adjust wheel besides the McLaren.

• Do you confirm you have great ffb on ACC Xbox with CSL DD Pro and Formula V2 wheel? I have CSL DD Pro and McLaren wheel and no ffb on ACC Series x.... thinking changing the wheel....