DD1 Bricked

I've had my DD1 since October 2019 with no problems until now. The last time I used it all was working perfectly. When I finished I shut it down, as usual, by turning off the power strip it was plugged into. The next time I tried to use it the green light on the power supply was lit but the wheel base is completely dead. I found the two attached files showing that the issue arose at the exact moment I last shut the base down.

I have a support ticket submitted but, meanwhile, any ideas would be very welcomed! Thanks.

Comments

• You shouldn't turn of a device with the switch on a power strip, that's where the power button on the back is for, it shuts down the wheelbase in a proper way before cutting of the power. If your DD1 is still under warranty i would suggest you do nothing until support has replied.

If it's out of warranty and you aren't going to get it repaired by Fanatec my first thing to check would be the fuse inside the DD2. You have to open up the DD2, detach the rear and look at the PCB, there is a white cartridge fuse above the molex plug.

• I checked the manual for any instructions regarding that before deciding to use the power strip (surge protector) to turn the wheel off. There were none so I have been doing this for about the past 2 years of the 2 1/2 years I have owned the base. I had read about some people having issues with the power button and, so, I thought I was saving wear on it by using the power strip to shut the base down.

I'm within the 3 year warranty period so I won't try repairing the wheel myself but I thank you for your advice.