Force feedback is different per wheel on Xbox

Hello,

I'm not sure this is intended but after several testing, even in the same game with the same settings, force feedback is different per each wheels.

I'm using CSL DD with 3 wheels - Formula V2, McLaren GT3 V2 and WRC.

Firmware of the all devices are updated with pc driver 440.

And for all 3 wheels, using QR1 (NOT lite).

I have tested with Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X.

Formula V2 shows the strongest force feedback.

WRC next, and then McLaren GT3 is the weakest.

Anyone know whether this is intended?

At least, I think McLaren GT3 needs to be stronger than WRC because it supports high torque mode with DD, doesn't it?

Comments

• There is no high Torque Mode on the CSL DD.

All wheels provide the same FFB strength of 5Nm or 8Nm depending of the used Power Supply.

The difference you feel in strength is only due to the used materials, weight and diameter of the different wheels.

Smaller wheels feel stronger, bigger and heavier wheels feel less strong.

• I mean DD is DD1 or DD2.

As far as I know even though with QR1, WRC wheel is NOT possible to use high torque mode with DD1 while McLaren GT3 is available.

Today I tested about... 100 times switching between wheels.

And as I mentioned, WRC shows stronger force feedback than McLaren GT3.

WRC wheel is very light one. So you mean light wheel shows stronger force feedback?

• edited May 2022

What do you mean, you have a DD1? Or DD2? Or CSL DD?

Only on DD1 and DD2 there are high and low torque modes. Thats not a thing on CSL DD.

So on a CSL DD, which you said is your wheelbase, there is NO Torque difference.

On a DD1 or DD2 yes, WRC is limited to Low Torque even with metal QR.

And yes, a lighter wheel gives you stronger FFB. Thats Physics (not game physics, I mean irl Physics) ;)

• McLaren has a rubber grip with thumb holes and measures 30cm.

WRC has Alcantara grips with less grip, and no thumb grips. Measure 30 cm.

Formula V2 measures 28cm with thumb holes.

Of the 3 it is normal that McLaren is the one with the easiest FFB.

• on with adjusting the FFB for Project CARS… From the Main Menu, hit RB, and go to Options & Help in the bottom right corner of the screen. Go to Controls.

X (on Xbox) to Calibrate Wheel, follow on screen instructions. Get wheel as close as possible to 900 in second step.

LT to Calibrate Pedals, follow on screen instructions.

RT to Calibrate Force Feedback.

• I am having the same issue. I'm using CSL DD with 2 wheels - Formula V2 and I just received the McLaren GT3 V2 today. There is a really big difference in the FFB on the two wheels in Assetto Corsa Competizione on xbox series x. The FFB is really strong using the Formula V2 but the FFB is barely noticeable on the McLaran GT3 V2 wheel I got today. It can't be right, there is an enormous difference in FFB.