SC2P vs Fanatec DD1

Hi

I spent 3 years running various fanatec wheel bases, decided to sell my dd1 and wheels at a significant loss but could afford to get a SC2P base, HRS HRS mount, HRS QR and a turn 20 gt wheel with no button box.

I’ve used it for a few of hours and thought I’d share my first impressions just in case anyone was thinking of doing the same.

1. It’s so quiet, dd1 rattled and squeaked a lot(new Porsche wheel) making a lot of noise. This things almost silent.
  2. it’s so smooth, no spikes or jolts like the dd1. Increased detail in the road textures, easier to find the limit of tires. I get no clipping and oscillation.
  3. True force software is incredibly easy to use, just download a profile to the wheel and off you go. No bugs so far. Fanalab is full of bugs, some settings don’t work and changing the settings manually on the wheel trying to dial in ffb took ages.

Fanatec looks nice, performs ok but is essentially style over substance. Simucube is on another level, my only regret is not changing sooner.

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member

Thanks for the info, makes me think.

Here the DD1 is reasonably quiet, except for really big hits. But indeed the QR1 is a mess and the main reason of all the extra sounds/play on the axle. I was waiting for the QR2 in the hope it would fix most of the play/sound issues. But almost 2 years further and no news what so ever. Plus will probably not be cheap with +200€ or more for Wheelbase QR and probably something like +150€ or more per steering wheel QR. With 3 wheels (+650€) almost cheaper to stepout of the eco system and buy directly something better.

They say there will be a Firmware/Driver update in a few months that should fix all the jolts etc... But seeing their track record not really confident it will result in something useful at first. Will probably take months again to fix all newly introduced bugs/problems. Also their history doens't give any confidence.

Seeing all the current issues they have with Customer Support, 45€ for a simple bolt and always issues with their drivers and firmwares. I Really doubt if I want to spend hundreds of euro's in a new QR2 for all my wheels and wheelbase. Here also it's tempting me more and more to jump out and go for something else. With maybe something like +650€ or more for a new QR upgrade, it's almost cheaper to sell my Fanatec Gear and buy back an SC base with a few wheels and directly have a quality QR without any play.

• "They say there will be a Firmware/Driver update in a few months that should fix all the jolts etc..."

That's not correct.

They say there will be a Firmware/Driver update in a few days or a few weeks that should fix all the jolts etc... is accurate.

• Psql .Psql . Member

Let’s wait and see. But even then I will first wait the responses here for a few months to see if it’s wise to update. Seen it too much that versions still have blocking issues that require a roll back.

• I have to totally agree i have done the same and moved across to sc2, and the difference in quality is night and day +5 Carol Brusteredman, the upsetting thing was the losses i had to take to get rid of the fanatec gear, but it was worth it.

• finally ordered a Simucube 2 sport, it seems the reliability is extreme compared to Fanatec

• +5.5 to Tony Jaa, do you think fanatec would mind if we started a SC2 Group here in their forum ????? 😂

• I wanted the DD1, but I'm too afraid of the quality, now I'm safe.