Clubsport Wheelbase 2.5 (CSW 2.5) Selfservice Maintenance

Hello everyone,

I noticed that my Wheelbase CSW 2.5 runs a bit rough. When steering when switched off, you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel. So I unscrewed the cover at the back, decoupled the fan, pulled out the pane and took a look at all the rotating parts. I noticed that the belt tensioner was very dirty and the grease leaked out there. I also found a very small piece of metal that looked like the surface of your ball bearing ball. I cleaned everything carefully and carefully relubricated all bearings. I didn't lubricate the engine, so I wasn't sure whether it should be lubricated at all. In any case, the steering wheel runs much easier. But you can hear that something isn't quite right. The road noise is not constant but changes. Maybe that's normal too... I don't know. Maybe someone can comment on this.

What about the engine, can it be oiled or lubricated?

Source:

Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 Wheelbase Review - YouTube

Thx

Comments

• Is this question that difficult for our Fanatec engineers to answer? A few tips would also be nice, I don't understand why this forum exists if nobody supports it. I think it makes more sense to write something here in the forum than to do it by e-mail. In this way, questions can be made available directly to the general public.