Formula V2.5X Shifter and Button Malfunctions

Hi everyone, I have been having a problem the past few weeks with my Formula V2.5X. After a few minutes of use on my CSL DD, the right shifter, 4 buttons, and the right up/down switch stop working. Unplugging and plugging the wheel back in tends to fix the problem for a few minutes, but then the buttons will cut out again. I also have the WRC wheel and that rim works fine, so I know it is not a problem with the CSL DD. I have checked the pins and tried updating drivers and firmware, but nothing seems to fix the problem. I believe it is a connector issue somewhere. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Personally I have the known problem on the V2 that all buttons and shifter stops working randomly. Only way to get them working again is turning the base on and off again. But if I do so in game there's no FF and the game has to be restarted as well. Wonder if this is related. My thoughts is that this is related to the pins somehow and is a hardware issue and not a software issue. It's been known for years and the reason Fanatec is not doing anything is most likely that they know it would mean changing the fundamental design of everything

• Hello, I have had this issue for months and I have tried a couple of different versions of drivers and Fanalab without solving the problem.

For me the "fix" was to pull the wheel off and put it back on, which worked without having to restart the game.

This worked until now a pin broke off from the wheel and I suspect it to have been damaged already before as I do not act carelessly with my gear. Now the wheel (from 2019) is stuck in a FW updater loop - I have contacted the support.