Table clamp for CSL DD incorrect construction - too much flex and loosens

I would like to share my experience with the table clamp for the CSL DD here. I have also used the V2.5 with the table clamp provided for several years. This worked perfectly and was bombproof. When I switched to the CSL dd, I confidently ordered the matching table clamp. After the assembly, my enthusiasm dimmed. The table clamp came loose several times, practically turned off the table. Additional information, on the same table with which the V2.5 table clamp worked perfectly. So the table can hardly be the cause. Furthermore, I had very strong flexible movement in the mount itself. The combination thus has vertical flexible movement of at least 3-4 cm. This makes it completely unusable. I tried for several days and then contacted support. They wanted to send me a new clamp. For what reason?? Same clamp, same problem. Requests for clamp withdrawal and refund were ignored. 14 days are over. Alternative solutions for a good table attachment None. What are your experiences? I'm disappointed! Greetings to Fanatec....stop selling this misconstruction!!! Maybe build a solution with the old clamp, for example an upgrade kit!!

Comments

• I found even with 5nm CSL DD, it will move!

So there is a limit on how much torque the clamp will handle before you have to either bolt to your table of get a rig unfortunately.

• I'm super happy with mine. Lift the wheel up when tightening as hard as you can (it won't snap). Pulling on the wheel causes my table to flex, the clamp is solid. And yes, the table is bolted to the wall.

However, I've glued some sandpaper underneath the table for the clamp to grip better. Otherwise it slides a couple of millimeters on smooth surfaces.

• What Hugo said but I used electrical tape for grip but I later hard mounted and that is definitely the way to go

• edited June 2022

great post michael. Fanatec need to re design this clamp, just bought this as i use diy bench/wheel stand, looks good but so manly flaws, it hangs nearly all the way over the bench makes it tippy, then to add to this getting the dd onto the clamp after clamping onto the bench is impossible it stops me from sliding it in for somereason, un clamp it and insert the dd before clamping on bench and i am able to slide it in better, but poor desing may be asking for refund as there is something def wrong if u cant slide it in all the way when clamped. i think i will be hard mounting the dd to the bench screw holes and insert bolts and tnuts at least then its on the bench and not hanging off,