Feature Request: Impact mitigation setting

edited June 2020 in iRacing

Anybody who has played iRacing with a Podium base knows how incredibly violent the sudden impacts can be in iRacing. I have gotten in the habit of letting go of the wheel when I see a hit coming, but that isn't always practical.

Is there a way we can have a setting/slider somewhere in Fanalab to help mitigate the peak forces that happen with sudden wall hits/car hits?

Comments

• Hi,

yes true, the impact is so massive that it can result in injuries.

Can't find the sweet spot for max details from the dd2 and not have an hammering wheel on impact.

grtz,

René

• Letting go is practical because that's what you should do if you're in a real car on track, but I digress.

This is more up to the game to "mitigate" impact feedback. For example, Asseetto Corsa Competizione has zero impact feedback when you hit the wall dead on. All the hardware is doing is receiving the telemetry and data from the game, and output it to the wheel.

Personally I rather not have this feature for the fear of it messing up the feedback during a race when I'm nowhere near a wall.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Can you share your in game and wheel settings?

First I would switch in game "Strength" to NM (click on the strength title to switch) and set it to around 60 (depends on the cars you drive) and set "Wheel Force" to your DD.

• Here you go. I used to have FF at 80%. Moving it to 70% has helped a bit, but I still believe such a feature would be valuable. I have heard Sim Commander has such a feature, though I have not verified this.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

I would set “Max force” 60, lower FEI to 70 and FFB in the 45-60 range depending on the car. FEI at 100 in iRacing will definitely have harsh feedback.