Maclaren GT3 V2 pin broken

Hello,

I need advice because I'm in strange situation with fanatec support. I purchased new maclaren wheel + qr lite and from first day I have a problems. First days FFB disappeared every lap. Yesterday I'm trying different settings with fanatec software and after 5 minutes shifters stop working. I took steering wheel of and found one of the pins spaned. I opened tickets and fanatec support give me two options 1: send only wheel for fix but if pins will get broken again will not cover warranty any more. 2:Need to send steering wheel+ base (csw v2.5) for inspection. Maybe wheel base connector has to be fix. My base never had any issue with F1 carbon steering wheel so in my opinion problem is with maclaren wheel, not base. Probably I readed all internet and I finde so many issues about QR lite and I think this is the problem. Maybe somebody can suggest how to resolve this situation. This looks like fanatec support trying to move some responsibility about wheel issue on my side.

Comments

• The pins breaking is due to design faults and so Fanatec needs to cover under warranty. The replacement wheel will still have warranty to cover future breakage of pins. They cannot remove that fault from the warranty clause.

Tell them you want a full refund if they decide not to warranty any future breakage of pins.

• Hi Ireneusz, did you ever get any further with support on this and reach a suitable outcome?

I have a similar issue - I haven't got any damaged pins but am getting the same FFB drops and buttons not working with the McLaren wheel and QR1 lite. I also have a QR1 metal version, and if I swap that onto the McLaren wheel everything works perfectly. So I think the issue is with the QR1 Lite. I guess it's because of the movement betwheen this and the base that causes the broken pins.

Fanatec support have asked me to send photos of the pins on the QR1 Lite (I guess they mean the wheel), and a video of the drop outs (i have no idea what they want for this?!).

Thanks!

• John HermansJohn Hermans Member
    edited January 29

When using the light version then always turn the knob 180 degree further then it is intended. So you see the lock icons at the top. There is a soft stop which with some force can be overwritten. To tighten the qr1 lite further. Don't overdo it but tighten it more. This will prevent the wheel from moving completely. The soft stop is preventing the qr1 lite from tightening like it should.

I also have 2 qr1's metal versions. But with powerful force feedback they also have some slack. So I'm not sure how long my pins will last though.

The qr1 is just a shitty design alltogether

• I have the club sport universal hub and it looks like the exact same pin on mine broke too!!! I take such good care of my stuff and can’t understand why it is broken. Especially because there is the metal guide on the collar to make sure perfect alignment every time you put the wheel on! I’m frustrated!