F1 2022 - Clubsport v3 pedals - Bad stuttering in VR when connected
Michael Gillespie Member
in F1 20xx
Whenever I have the v3 pedals connected I get bad stuttering in VR in F1 2022. I have the pedals connected to the PC through USB, and as soon as I disconnect them the stuttering is gone and VR performance is smooth.
Is anybody else seeing a similar issue?
Seems that Fanatec and f1 22 in general is an issue.
for me, csl dd wheelbase and csr elite pedals, the only way it works is to remove the wheelbase. Pedals still work, but have to use keyboard. All issues go away. (Issues were the gpu hardly being used, game stops, sound stops, etc etc).
Have you tried to connect the pedals to the base directly?
I have read on Twitter that connecting the pedals to a Fanatec Base fixes the issues...
Thanks for this.
Thanks, I don't have a Fanatec wheel base so unfortunately not an option for me.
Update - either pedals or wheel. Pick one but not both.
Update 2 - if you use joystick gremlin, vjoy and HidHide to map your pedals to a vjoy device and then hide the Fanatec pedals via HidHide, then F1 sees the pedals as a vjoy device and the problem goes away.
1. Install VJoy. Windows 11 users will want https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/files/Beta%202.x/220.127.116.11-160719/
2. Install HidHide https://github.com/ViGEm/HidHide/releases/tag/v18.104.22.168
3. Install Joystick Gremlin
4. Setup a new vJoy device with 3 axes (one for each pedal)
5. In Joystick Gremlin use the Remap function to remap your pedal rotation axes (x/y/z on mine) to vJoy XRotation, YR, ZR axes.
6. Save that profile and then activate it
7. Use HidHide to hide the Fanatec USB pedals
8. Go into F1 22, remap your controls; you should see vJoy Device 1 as one of the required devices for that profile now instead of Fanatec USB Pedals.
9. Play and enjoy.
NB - there are a few reboots you'll have to do in here :-)
cause u break that down further cause im having no luck with what u are talking about
New game, same old issues of incompatibility and other random I/O and game optimization issues.
I'll be going with solution number 2:
Wait for Codemasters and Fanatec to sort their $&@# out and play something else in the meantime that actually works as intended.
What's crazy to me is Fanatec are official sponsors of F1 esports - How do you not ensure your peripherals function properly during the development process?
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Although I find it ridiculous we have to go to these measures for things to work, I'm finally using all my peripherals in VR with good performance and loving it.
Fanatec, I really hope you can get this sorted asap (whether it's your job or EA's to rectify).