ACC CSL DD still weak after update 9-7-2022

Hi,

I've just turned on my Xbox and found ACC had an update. I was hoping that that would have fixed my very weak FFB on my CSL DD with boost, but the FFB is still just as weak as it's always been since Nov 2021.

I checked all the settings and the wheel is still at full power.

Have I missed something or is ACC still weak after this latest update ?

Thanks.

Comments

• There are no major updates scheduled before the end of summer, and I am talking about consoles.

PC users had the USA DLC and stuff, the last update on console is about 2022 liveries I guess, got the usual email from Kunos but I thought “Yeah yeah pc only again” and when I switched on the PS there was an update.

If you are a console user the next big thing will happen in september with the 1.8 update, later we’ll get the Challengers pack DLC and the USA tracks DLC, and with later I think by the end of the year.

Ciao!

• The thing is, the devs actually fixed the FFB for Xbox with an update a few months ago, but it was short-lived. Another update followed soon after, and the "limp noodle" FFB returned, and has been there ever since.

• Why will they not fix the problem?

I only bought the CSL and boost pack for this one game.

Cost me a fortune (and others) and I can't use it as intended.

Are there any other proper race games I can buy for xbox that the wheel will work with correctly?

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited July 2022

Depends on what you consider a "proper" racing game. I don't play much on xbox anymore (mostly PC now), but I know Dirt Rally 1 and 2 worked great. Assetto Corsa (the original) worked great as well, though you obviously don't get any of the PC mods which is unfortunate. I seem to remember that PCARS2 was pretty good, but I only used that with my old Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel and am not sure how well it works with newer hardware and drivers. Then of course there are the F1 games, if you're into them. Generally pretty good single player/ career, but MP is a mixed bag at best.

• Pcars 1 and 2 have problems with the CSL DD. Can't remember the issue on Pcars 1 but Pcars 2 has a problem of when the car stops moving, the wheel whips all the way to the end point and bashes it's self to death until you grab it and start moving forward !!

What is forza a like as a proper racing game?

Are there any games like Gran T on the XBox that are not Pcars or ACC?

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited July 2022

Well as I mentioned, AC (the original, not Competizione) is quite good on xbox IMO. Also, even though it's officially been delisted, if you can get your hands on a physical copy of FM7 (or perhaps a download code from a third party), that's still worth a go. Admittedly, it's lacking in some "proper" racing features such as no qualifying, lack of different tire compounds or real pit strategies, etc. but the actual driving itself can still be pretty fun.

• (may be a re-post, had an issue posting my comment...)

ACC works well for me on XBox Ser X, but I did have to adjust the 'wheel rotation' setting in game as it was defaulted to something silly like 90 degrees. With both wheel and game on 720 degrees it works perfectly with good FFB.

I recommend FM7, it's my most played Xbox racing game on wheel. Use unbeatable drivatars and put less cars on track to avoid being bumped too much as the AI is pretty bad. Get an expanded version if possible with the DLC included for the best cars, like the 80's GT cars.

Maybe try branching out to some rally as well, DR2.0 is amazing if you can work through the steep initial learning curve. It's free on gamepass (as an EA Play title) to boot. Turn all the HUD off except revs/speed, focus on learning to listen to the co-driver rather than watching the visual prompts or worrying about your time vs a ghost, and you'll get some of the best single player racing available IMO.

It's fustrating when the games don't work, Forza Horizon 4 broke for a number of months for me, best to just move on to some other game for a while and check in for fixes every now and then, enjoy the other options and get the most out of your rig. So much coming for us as well; FM'23, WRC by Codemasters, TDU-SC, that KT Racing Baha style game as well. Keep the hard drive stacked with options and it's less painful when the games break!

• FWIW, I just tried ACC on my Xbox One with my CSL DD (5Nm) since I realized there was a free play weekend (I only own the PC version of the game, and have only tried the Xbox version briefly when there have been similar free play weekends).

I used the Fanatec Recommended Settings for Xbox listed in these forums, and everything did indeed feel very weak FFB-wise. I could feel some bumps and jostling around from running over curbs and whatnot, but as far as the wheel weighting up while taking turns at speed, there just wasn't much there at all. Compared to the weightiness I feel when playing the PC version, the difference is super noticeable. I pumped up NFR on the wheel to 50, and that helped, but there just isn't a great way to get some weight in the steering without making things feel over-damped and numb, making it difficult to feel and catch slides. I wonder if this "limp noodle" FFB is only occurring on Xbox One? Does Series X/S not have this problem?

Interestingly, I did some back-to-back laps in the same car/track/weather combo in both the Xbox and PC versions. I ran the AM Vantage V8 GT3 around Silverstone and after about a dozen laps or so on Xbox, managed a best lap of 2:09.8. Fired up the PC version, and straight away, every single lap was a good 4 to 5 seconds faster, with a personal best of 2:03.2. Comparing apples to oranges I guess, with all the differences between versions, but I still found it interesting. I wonder if the differences between PC and Series X/S would yield closer lap times than PC/XB1.

Anyway, here's hoping that the devs get the Xbox FFB sorted soon with an update. It really is a great game when everything's running as it should.

• In the 9-10 months I have owned the CSL DD with boost pack, I've only ever raced it ONCE with a good amount of FFB. For that one go, it felt great and I was really able to fell the car move about and catch it well, but once in 10 months is just not on! This Wheel cost me close to £1000 with postage and tax. I know it's not Fanatec's problem, but it really should be, they should put pressure on ACC to fix there game! I bet lots of people have bought the CSL DD with boost to play ACC on XBox S !

• Ben WearneBen Wearne Member
    edited July 2022

Frustrating indeed, though sadly I think there's not many of us Xbox users playing the more simulation oriented games, even less with Fanatec equipment (most Xbox players would be on G923's I expect...) so there's not a lot of incentive to fix the issues.

Problems seem mixed based on the wheel used also, I found another forum post where a user found certain wheels worked, and others didn't: search 'gt-dd-pro-weak-force-feedback-on-xbox-series-x' in this forum.

Also did you try PC2 yourself to confirm the problems before discounting it? I ask as I put PC2 back on my Series X the other day, and gave it a go yesterday, worked like a charm with no issues pausing the game, raced for a few hours in various cars/tracks. It was on sale last I looked as well.

EDIT & note - I use a CSW2.5 w Xbox Universal Hub, not a CSL DD.

• Robert, this is a stretch, but noting the weird solutions in that referenced forum post above I guess anything is worth a go...

I recall having issues with my CSW2.5 just after the Series X released, like crazy clunks and all of a sudden max FFB to one side for no reason. When mucking around trying to figure out what the problem was I tried setting the Xbox to different screen outputs (framerate/HDR/VRR etc), and different network connection methods. Now I never confirmed a fix, but I felt like FFB intensity changed on Grid Legends between 60Hz and 120Hz display modes, like the FFB strength was somehow attached to the screen refresh rate. Also I always had issues with cabled LAN on my home network, it seemed to cause problems with the Xbox and it would randomly disconnect from the network, along with FFB which is really weird. That Xbox has since been replaced by Microsoft as it ceased to operate, and this is conspiracy theory at best, but maybe try connecting to your Xbox over WiFi, and some different screen refresh rates, and see what happens?