Formula V2 <-> Gran Turismo DD Pro Compatibility

Daniel GrandeDaniel Grande Member
edited July 2022 in Steering Wheels

Hi everyone!

I’ve been using a Formula V2 steering wheel with a CSL Elite wheelbase for a couple years now and it’s been great! I recently ordered a Gran Turismo DD Pro wheelbase as an update, and I was anticipating using this with my Formula V2 wheel. Do I need the sold separately QR1 adapter to make that work, or does the existing mount system on my formula v2 wheel work with the Gran Turismo DD Pro wheelbase? I’ve been trying to figure this out online, and the CSL elite and Gran Turismo DD Pro wheel mounts appear the same in photos, but I know that new wheels such as the formula V2.5 come with a quick release adapter. Also, the compatibility chart for the Gran Turismo DD Pro wheelbase seems to list basically every Fanatec wheel as compatible, but the QR1 adapter also specifically calls out the Formula v2 wheel as a compatible product. In short, I’m struggling with what feels like some conflicting evidence, and could use some guidance from the community. Thanks!

Comments

• The Formula v2 has the same Quick Release Adapter as the Formula v2.5 and every other Fanatec Wheel so it's fully compatible out of the box.

• Hi Maurice, thanks for the quick response! Sounds like great news.

Curious question then, why when I go to buy a formula v2.5 wheel today, does it automatically come with (what appears to be) a separate QR1 adapter? That’s what made me start to think I needed an adapter for my formula v2, I figured if the formula v2.5 needs one, then maybe my formula v2 does. What is different between the default formula v2.5 mount system and the added QR1 accessory?

• Nothing is different. It's the same Quick Release. It just comes in a separate box so the user has to mount the QR to the wheel where it was already pre-installed on the old Formula v2. But it's the exact same QR.