Podium Hub not recognized during installation

Asief OzirAsief Ozir Member
edited June 2020 in Steering Wheels

I have just received my new Podium Porsche 911 GT3 R steering wheel that includes the Podium Hub. After putting all things together, I connected the wheel to the base. After opening the Fanatec Wheel Property Page, I was promted for updates that needed to be done.

There was a succesful update of the BME or APM, not sure which one it was. Then I was promted for another update, which I also ran. After this update, I started having issues with nothing being recognized in the wheel properties page. After disassembling the wheel, BME and APM from the Podium Hub, the issue remained. So I believe the problem lies in the hub itself. The wheelbase screen is also blinking with ATTENTION Enable Torque question, while the torque key is unlugged.

What I have tried is deleting the firmware from the computer and reinstalling it, countless restarts of wheelbase and computer, but nothing helped.

My Podium Racing Wheel F1 PS4 is still working like it should, luckily no problems there.

Version numbers with F1 wheel connected:

PC driver: 365, Wheel Base FW: 672, Wheel Base Motor FW: 38, Steering Wheel FW 34

Version numbers with Podium Hub connected:

PC driver: 365, Wheel Base FW: 672, Wheel Base Motor FW: 38, nothing else is showing up.

I have added videos below to show the issue that I am having and also with the F1 wheel attached that is not showing any problems.

Hope one of you guys can help me out, thanks!

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Uninstall 365 and Install 356 first, update the Podium Hub then you can go back to 365.

• Unfortunately reverting back to 356 did not help at all. Once the Podium Hub is connected, the display on the base keeps blinking with the same question: ATTENTION Enable Torque?

Would it make sense downgrading to an even earlier version of the firmware (346)? I get the feeling the Hub is not working properly. When searching on the forum, I could not find any posts with a similar issue.

• Your Podium Hub is defective, please contact the support.

• Thanks Maurice, I have contacted support and hope it gets resolved soon.

Glad I have my F1 wheel to play with😁