Mclaren GT3 wheel keeps prompting an update after firm ware update

Hi,

I've tried updating the driver firmware, but anything above 328 gets an issue once i attach the GT3 wheel.

It prompts to update the wheel, then the wheel flashes but nothing happens. As a result i cant access any off the tabs on driver properties.

I can only get it working with the 311 driver, which doesn't have the tuning page.

Win10 / x64

Firmware version: 672

Motor FW: 22

McLaren Rim: 25

Comments

• I have the same problem. I bought the McLaren Wheel second hand and it had Fw30 on it. My CSL Elite PS4 has driver 328, Fw630. when turning on the base with the McLaren attached, the wheel looses its firmware or al least there is a problem with it. Workaround would be to start the base without wheel and than attach the McLaren. Than it is recognized. I downgraded the FW of the McLaren to version 25. now I can turn on the base with the wheel and it doesn’t have a problem. The only thing is that it freezes up when I enter the settings menu on the wheel. But I have other rims I can use for that.

• Its a shame, that either they arent able to make a firmware that actually works or that they dont know the correct sequencing