McLaren GT3 : shifter paddle issues from overheating?

Erik HousmansErik Housmans Member
edited June 2020 in Steering Wheels

My GT3 wheel hasn't seen much use since I bought, due to unforeseen circumstanced. Now I started racing again and as of late got into iRacing.

At first there were no real issues with the wheel, but since I am now participating in longer racces and practice sessions I started to notice that shifts were missed and sometimes shifting again gave me 2 upshifts.

Thinking back I believe the shifting issue start occurring after a period of use of about 40-60 mins. Letting the wheel rest for some time will alleviate the issues, so it feels to me something is overheating?

I have read a lot about this wheel and shifter issues, but didn't come across anything that mentions overheating or it becoming worse and better again over time.

Have sent a mail to support, but my wheel is unfortunately 25 months old. Since I just invested in a rig, I am probably left with a rig and no wheel for some time and have to miss out on a lot of league races. Maybe someone knows a fix I could try myself?

(Looking at alternative wheels there really are none. The Formula wheels are too small (and I missed out on the 2020 version) and the others are not the style of wheel I am looking for)

Comments