No Fanatec Device Found

csl DD pro fantec control panel it says no fanatec device found when in pc compatibility mode (yellow)

it detects all the other modes pc mode(red) xbox and playstation is this normal ? also yellow mode device is not detected in fanalab

Comments

• If it's not showing in the Fanatec Control Panel, then it sounds like you need to uninstall/ reinstall your current driver.

• It shows in all modes apart from pc compatibility mode (yellow) should I re install the driver (what about fanalab) when the base is switched off or should it be switched on ?

• A driver should always be installed with every device powered on.

But a driver repair should also help in your case and should be done when the base is powered on and in the mode which is Kot recognized by Windows.

• I tried the driver repair with the device powered on in yellow mode it didnt help

however I uninstalled the driver rebooted and re-installed the driver with the device in yellow mode and that fixed the problem

having a detected pc compatible mode did not fix the problem with F1 2015

• What's the problem with F1 2015? And which platform are you referring to?

• DavrosDavros Member
    edited September 2022

running 2015 on p.c

The game is convinced that the throttle and brake (csl pedals) are always at a minimum of 50% even in compatible mode

I asked in another thread if buying the clubsport usb adapter would fix this problem

I am now thinking maybe if I could spoof the device id so the game thinks i have a logitec or thrustmaster wheel (just like 3d analyse can spoof the vendor id of your graphics card to make the game think you have a geforce 4200ti) would make the game work although I have no idea how to achieve this.

• I have this same problem with DD Pro and its driving me crazy.

I've had to remove and reinstall driver 3 times in the last week as yellow/compatibility mode fails to be recognized by any fanatec software. Please look into this as it appears to be a bug.

Also is it normal to have to restart the PC every time you switch modes? I cant go from sim to sim without rebooting the PC. A reboot USED to fix yellow mode not working.....Id have to reboot every time I switch from red to yellow in order for fanalab to see devices. Now every day or so yellow mode simply fails to work no matter how many restarts.

Can someone look into this?

• Did you try removing the driver rebooting, then installing the driver with the base in yellow mode ?

• this Device (Fanatec DD GT Pro) is actually so faulty. I got mine less than a month ago from a distributor called VRoom in South Africa. It turns off every time I try to do a firmware update on the wheelbase, everything else but the wheelbase is up to date. Tried putting it on boot loader but it doesn’t want to, it just turns off as soon as I leave the button after 8-10seconds. There’s no fix for this honestly. Can’t even log a complaint based on my address because Fanatec doesn’t distribute to customers in South Africa. Honestly for such a big company it’s poor in how they treat the very same customers they depend on for their existence.

• I'm having this same issue randomly and the base has been fine until this week. All modes work except yellow (compatibility mode). Was on 445 when it happened. Upgrading for 447 didnt fix it and neither did downgrading to 443. Any update on this?

• I am having the same problem. When I first got the DD Pro about a month ago, PC Comp mode worked fine. Then I updated Windows 11 and it stopped working.

I have tried all the suggestions here for re-installing with PC Comp mode enabled but still not working. ACC and iRacing are happy with the device as Fanatec Wheel but no other games or sims recognise the controller.

It does seem strange that the driver control panel can't recognise every mode. Definitely something wrong with the driver or device needing urgent attention. We shouldn't have to keep re-installing drivers to get something that cost so much working.

• Michael BaurMichael Baur Member
    edited March 2023

I ran into this issue recently when I upgraded my PC and started from scratch on Windows 11. Compatibility mode would not recognize my CSL DD (device not found) and I tried all the suggestions listed on this thread including driver repair, driver reinstall, downgraded driver then upgrade. I tried all of these things in PC mode, compatibility mode, and with the unit either powered on and connector or powered off an unplugged (also multiple USB ports) and nothing would get compatibility mode working for me.

But I did find a solution which turned out to be that a generic "Fanatec Wheel" was being left behind in my device list. I'm not entirely sure why as I installed the drivers before I ever connected my wheel, but I also did a bunch of uninstalls and had the wheel base connected after.

Here's what I did to get it all fixed:

1) CSL DD plugged in and turned on in compatibility mode. Yellow light, "no devices found" showing in Fanatec Control Panel.

2) Uninstalled the driver through Control Panel (No reboot).

3) Opened Win 11 "Settings" and clicked on "Bluetooth & devices".

4) Selected "Devices".

5) Scrolled down to find "Other Devices".

6) Here I had a generic named "Fanatec Wheel" which I clicked the three dots on and selected "Remove Device".

7) I then reinstalled the driver (447) software and rebooted (device still on and in compatibility mode).

8) After reboot I started the Fanatec Control Panel and it was now working in PC and Compatibility Mode (CSW 2.5).

I got this idea while looking over this discussion on a manual uninstall, only I wasn't looking to reset the game controller to default, I wanted to rip any existence of it out. If this hadn't worked I was going to use the section on deleting it from Device Manager and start looking through the registry, but thankfully this worked for me. Also note that the steps above should work for Win 10 as well, although I believe Win 10 also has the ability to remove the device via control panel, which I didn't see in Win 11.

Here's hoping this helps others!