Fanalabs & Fanatec Apps crashing on PC.

Hello.

My roommate is not tech savvy and he just picked up a CSL Elite 1.1 (this One) with the PS4 Wheel, (but has the Xbox button on it). We Got home plugged it into his computer and started playing iracing, Assetto Corsa, and Competizione. No problems configuring anything in game.

So he wanted to set up the stiffness and the peaks and the steering angle. He called me in to see if his computer will support all that and for me to download the drivers and software. Its a windows 10, i7, 16GB ram, 500 Gb SSD, and like a 2080 Nvidia. I have set up Apex, COD warzone and Zombies on his computer and watched all the specs in the task manager and his computer will run those games without a hitch.

So when I downloaded Fanalabs software (From this link) and download Fanatec software (from this link) on his computer. After about 4 hours or tinking, downloading, uninstalling, redownloading, and restarting. The apps will open for about 1 minute and then just crash on me. I will have the task manager open and the programs will say "not responding" but my CPU, GPU, or Ramm are no where near spiking. I got the Fanatec software to open and work with Iracing but would crash when i closed it.

Then when go to try it with his Asseta Coursa (on Steam), Both games will not open, Screen Goes black, then just says not responding. So on a whim, just uninstall both fanatec and fanalabs from his computer, Both Assetto Corsa will open and run with out a hitch.

Seriously what is going on. Im Pretty savy when it comes to computers but im at a complete loss with this one. Really need some help.

Comments

• Im sorry if im missing something obvious as well. This is a new way of doing things to set up a device. Never been down this path. sorry if im just a dumbass lol

• No idea if it's related or not, but I've been having issues with Fanalab and the Fanatec Control Panel when I have them both open at the same time:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26180/system-freeze-when-using-both-fanalab-and-fanatec-cp

I'm running an older version of both though - driver v439 and Fanalab 1.63. Everything works fine if I only have one or the other open. But as soon as I launch both and have them both going at the same time, it doesn't take long before I get a complete system freeze.