Fanatec V2.5 Violent/Shaky/Clicking/Weird Force Feedback

Hi everyone, first time posting here.

After running the wheel with no issues for a year (Iracing, ACC etc)

All of a sudden today, after a good race with no issues, joined a new session in Iracing, and all of a sudden something felt different.

• Even on straight line, felt a sharp/clicking vibration from wheel, seems like can feel every bump really harshly
  • As soon as I brake and turn, the forcefeedback just made no sense, I couldn't pinpoint exactly what was wrong, but just felt all of the place, as it lagged? was it multiple effects overlapping? anyway needless to say, I had to quit as I couldn't drive at all
  • I have opened up Fanatec Wheel settings, it seems turning the FEI from 100 to 0 seems to have fixed it....but is that normal?
  • I tried to do the force feedback test with FEI at 100, or even 80, and the wheel base shakes violently, it was actually scary
  • I have tried in both Iracing and ACC and same issue, so it doesn't seem to be about the game
  • I have tried restarting and also updating the wheel base firmware to latest

Has anybody had something like this before? Is this some kind of hardware issues.

Some help will really be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• This seems to be my issue, did you ever get this fixed? Happened all of a sudden it's been fine for 3 years now getting violent oscillations in game and while paused in menus.