Did my DD Pro using with PS5 only break? Here's what happened...

I was Racing Online (GT7 on PS5) normally as for past 5 months...suddenly I had no control of my car during the middle of the race. I logged out of the game as I saw the Wheel was not working now, and I logged back in but nothing. No lights on the wheel itself...wheel seemed dead.

I checked the main ps5 menu under accessories/controller and I find that the wheel is no longer recognized. AT this point I inspect all cables and powern on/off the wheelbase. The wheelbase comes on normally and even calibrates the steering wheel. Again, the Steering wheel no lights and lifeless. The Base seems fine...the blue light comes on.

One last note...when I removed the cable that connects from the base to the ps5...the PS5 does go BLACK for a second letting me know something is being connected...but the whole unit is not recognized by the ps5 (no games recognize the wheel now).

I did write to customer support but it is a week turnaround time just for Fanatec to respond to that support email. I cannot use my unit all this time arrrgggg.

Anyone think this is a software issue or just broken?

As far as firmware updates...I only use the DD PRO on PS5 so I let the ps5 handle that...I don't go out of my way to find the latest and greatest updates. Don't even know how or if possible for ps5 and this unit combo.

Comments

• The PS5 won't handle anything about firmware updates for wheelbase/steering wheel/pedal set, whathever hardware... you need a PC for any fw updates.

Having said that I suggest to check the "basic" control, and I would start checking the main shaft being in position, so you probably need to loosen up the clamp and then fit the shaft in position.

I don't have the link but you should find the video pretty easily on youtube also.

Did Fanatec support came to you with some checks to perform? Did you do anything apart the usb cable removal?.

Ciao!

• Solution...

Fanatec support responded fairly quickly with alist of things to do.

The fix had to do with loosening the clamp and pushing the main shaft in and readjusting the clamp (in case someone else runs into this problem).

Thank you ALBERTO you had posted this suggestion as well. Hope this post helps someone else down the road...Peace all

• could you please post the solution you got from fanatec with the things to do , as I have the same problem as you did :)