About the scratchy feeling

Those who have it will know what I mean, sometimes the CSL DD gives an unnatural, buzzy, scratchy whatever feeling during use which is very annoying. Don't know what causes it, but it is not something you want to feel.

There have discussions about this, and some solutions which either work or not I guess. In my situation I have a preset, 5.5 to be exact, and it always gives me this scratchy feeling when I first use the wheel. But I have discovered that if I change the preset on the fly, say during the start of the race, I change the preset to another, like switching to 5.4, 5.3, 5.2 etc. and then back to 5.5. it is gone for the rest of the session.

This has been working this way now for several weeks. No idea why it works, would like to know, so if someone does let us know, but I thought I'd tell you all, because it may work for you too. It matters, because this high frequency vibration spoils the experience imho.

If I have to do this at the beginning of every session, I am actually o.k. with it btw, I do like the base when it works as intended. ;-)

Comments

• Preset of what?

• On the steering wheel setup. He wrote 5.1... 5.5, but it's S_1... S_5

• Oh... Thanks.

Anyway, this is nothing I've ever felt, and I think I'd je sensitive to it if it occured. I always use the wheel with all effects/filters such as INT/NDP off. Maybe it's an artifact in one of the effects/filters?

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited October 2022

I don't remember where, but I seem to recall someone (Maurice, maybe?) saying that NFR, I think it was, should be set to 0 because there's some sort of issue where it can accumulate into a sort of "scratchy" feeling like OP describes. I may be misremembering, and it's possible that it's been fixed in later driver packages than what I'm using (currently on v439). But generally, as you said, I try to limit filters like INT, NFR and NIN to be either off or as low as possible, with NDP being used just enough to add a bit of weight to the wheel.

• frits meijfrits meij Member
    edited October 2022

Yes, I guess it is an 's', not a 5. ;-) makes more sense, but indeed I mean the force feedback setups. Only a minute ago I stopped a little session ACC, and again there was the buzz, switched setup using the wheel and it was gone. Works everytime so far. I'm using driver 447 plus latest firmware btw, it had it in other drivers too.

If you have it you know it and vice versa, it is unpleasant, I'm not the only one to notice it, but I don't know if it is a common issue.

• i shipped back my dd pro for the same problem, Fanatec told me that is not possible the repair, so, they sent me a new unit.

I have also with that a small vibration when the wheel is straight, but the feeling is really better than before.

I noticed that the ffb changes a lot if i change, during the game, the preset (S1, S2, etc...), or better, the same preset, S1 for example, changes during the game if i change the preset and i come back to the previous setting.

so, with the same setting, i go from low ffb to hard ffb in base og change of preset, very strange!

i believe is a bug of the wheel or the game (GT7)...