Universal Hub dies/freezes mid game

In the past couple of weeks, it happens more and more often, that my universal hub freezes mid game. No button/shifter pedal pushes are registered anymore (in Game, and in the Fanatec Control Panel). When this happens, also within a few seconds, the Force Feedback of the Wheelbase is stopped, wile wheel turning is still registered and exectuted (in Game and in the Control Panel).

Also the display of universal hub freezes and I can not enter the settings.

This can only be reset, when I restart the wheelbase (CSL DD)

It happens now every 15-20 Minutes of gaming. It doesn't happen, when not in game and let the wheelbase sit in Windows idle.

I don't have this problem with my alternative Wheel (McLaren GT3 V2)

Of course I contacted Fanatec support, and they asked me to send EVERYTHING in, Wheelbase, Boostkit, Universal Hub. This frustrates me a lot, because I run my cables for the boost kit inside the aluminium profile of my rig. Its complicated to remove. Also.. when everything is gone... who knows for how long, I obviously can't use it while I can game now with the McLaren Wheel free of any issues.

Since I have no problem with my alternative wheel, I see no reason to make the complicated disassembly of boostkit/wheelbase and send everything in.

Additionally I have the issue, that I don't have storage space for empty boxes at home, so I have no idea how I should pack up everything together while the universal hub is compact enough, that it would be rather easy to ship... instead of everything else.

So what do you say, am I overreacting in my frustration? 😣

Comments

• Your frustration is justified - it's a hassle returning stuff. But there is some logic in Fanatec's ask; despite your McLaren wheel working ok there is a possibility that the issue lies with the wheelbase - it's not unreasonable that they wish to check that.

If I was you I'd dismantle the universal hub and check that everything is plugged in securely. If it is then I'd assume that the issue actually is with the wheelbase and would find a box and packaging to return everything. You could ask Fanatec if they could send you empty boxes but I doubt they will - worth a try though.

• I have had the same issue since today on two-month-old CSL DD + Universal Hub V2. It's super frustrating and any racing is impossible. For me, the Universal Hub stops working even before T1 and takes 5-20 seconds to start working again. Before this issue, I also had huge problems with updating firmware. The Universal Hub couldn't update itself and then the PC couldn't detect it at all. It took several tries to install the firmware properly.

Did you manage to resolve the issue? Did you have to send it all back?

Cheers