Issue. DD1 no FFB. WQR FW = 6 HW = 0

Hello all.

This is basically a copy and paste of a ticket I submitted to support today. However I have no confirmation that it was successfully submitted.... So I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any more insight. Though I have trawled through these forums to find answers and have tried many methods.

**The Force Feedback of the DD1 wheel base is no longer working. All controls and user inputs are being registered. Motor is functioning as is rotates during sensor calibration.

I have gone through multiple troubleshooting methods. Different USB ports. Re-installed & Un-installed multiple drivers and firmware, in the correct order and sequences. Namely, driver 346 then back to 447. I have deleted hidden drivers. Anything on your forums I have done... There is no difference. The functionality of everything is there, except Force Feedback.

The only thing I notice is that WQR HW =0. I don't think this is normal. I cannot remember if it was different in the past.

I do hope you can help me with this. I have encountered the usual issues with this product since it's release FFB knocking/jolts, FFB Crashes and so on. These issues have been worked on by your team with driver/firmware updates over the years but there has always been Some issue with the Podium DD series, which for the price is very disappointing.**

^^That is what I submitted to support. I forgot to include the fact that FFB was just gone after starting up the base. It wasn't after a driver/firmware update. I did try an update to see if it solved the issue but it is the same.

My model is from 2019 so it's probably a Version 1 model, if there is such a thing. Like I said above it's disappointing to experience the issue I'm having but it is equally disappointing to read about the numerous problems other customers have had and are having.

These are silly toys we own but they are very expensive silly toys. With these wheel bases I feel like we have paid to become Beta Testers.

If you read all that thank you.

Comments

• Cant say much about the issue but I can say that WQR HW v0 is correct and normal, every Base shows v0.

• Thanks for the reply, Maurice.

That's good to know. I might try some more driver versions and see if I get any luck.

Thank you.

• I have this exact same issue. Out of the box, I decided to upgrade to immediately update to the latest firmware, following the manual exactly.

Since I had never used a DD before, I almost thought it was just the way it was and incredibly light. All the buttons and functionality worked as I expected, with the exception that there was no torque.

I was able to downgrade the firmware to the previous version. When I do this, I get an “ATTENTION ENABLE TORQUE” on the DD1. By rotating the wheel 90 degrees it will enable torque and everything seems good to go.

Few items to note:

1. I noticed that the “USB” icon in the top left corner of the OLED on the DD1 is not illuminated, however the PC and fanatec utility and fan lab recognize that the wheel is plugged in.
    2. 2. when using the earlier firmware version, after powering up the wheel, the small display on the steering wheel briefly shows “USB disconnected” before showing the f1 logo. One of my friends wheels shows the firmware version here.

Hopefully there are others with this issue and we can solve it.

My current work around is using the rolled back firmware, becasue it gives an option to enable torque. The latest doesn’t seem to offer that. I was hoping there might be a button combination that would enable torque.