V3i Pedals - brake showing activity when idle

Hey guys,

Ive had my V3i pedals for a couple of months. I recently installed the brake performance kit. Now my brake flutters and shows as being pressed even when my foot is off. I’ve tried it with the damper attached and detached. I’ve reinstalled drivers. I’ve tried to reset the max and min. I’ve set it to manual. I’ve recalibrated it. I’ve checked all cables and connections. I’ll be driving down long straights at Monza in ACC and the car just flutters and struggles to upshift because the brake comes on. Any ideas? I’m at my wits end.

Comments

• The brake pressure goes up and down. It is not consistent like something is pulling on the pedal.

• Which kit you are using?

The Damper kit ? (because it cannot be used to the brake pedal of the V3 inverted)

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/accessories/pedal-accessories/clubsport-pedals-v3-damper-kit

or the

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/accessories/pedal-accessories/clubsport-pedals-v3-brake-performance-kit

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/fc/30/39/CSPV3-BrakePerformanceKit-QG_11.pdf

Maybe you have tried already but did you try to adjust the damper affect? Maybe inside something is not tight and due to the weight of pedal is doping in. 

The preload screw of the ClubSport Pedals V3 (inverted) cannot be used to its maximum with the ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit. Its use is be limited to eliminating the mechanical play.

Also did you try with the old setup you had to see if you get the same (so you can exclude a faulty potentiometer) 

• Hi, I want to give feedback on this. For everyone with this problem, for the manufacturer. I have a very similar problem. I didn't do anything with my V3i pedals except plugged in and go. At some point it started flickering on the brake pedal. In other words, without pressing the pedal, the brake pedal display flickers in the driver as if someone were playing double bass on drums.

At some point it went as far as either full-max in the driver or full-min without flickering. So no simulation was possible.

I tried reinstalling the driver, I tried beta drivers, the same everywhere without improvement. I had no idea what the hell the problem was. Unfortunately, I drive relatively little. I love driving simulation and my steering wheel / pedals. I take good care of it and take care of it. No cable break, no throwing on the wall, nothing. I searched for a long time and finally came up with the only manual change I would make, the preload screw.

I used this setting option once on Max, once on Min and then back to approx. 2.5

Eureka, everything works as it should. No flickering, no full max, no full min. Everything ok.

I am not an engineer and I do not know how the sensors and technology are built into the V3i pedals, but they are susceptible.

• Have you figured out what was wrong? Mine is doing the same thing. Break comes on in middle of race. Often to about 20 - 30 %.